Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The OTHER Awoonga species!

The OTHER Awoonga species!

Here are a couple of pics of the Other Awoonga species (as well as 1 Barra!) My son caught his 1st Sooty, his 2nd Yella, and his 1st Barra over the last 3 days as well as 7 other Barra, while Mum and Dad only managed 3 Barra each in the same time. Mind you, he did pinch my lure after I caught my first 2 Barras on the Sunday arvo! Oh well, isn't that what Dads are for? The look on the face says it all when he brought up this Yella. He really wanted his first Barra but once he saw the size of it on the camera, the smiles started

Re: The OTHER Awoonga species!

and the Sooty

and the Barra (note smile growth)

The smile says it all that's for sure. I need to take a sicky one Friday and head up there for a long-weekend, it certainly would be worth a visit.

Regards Cameron.

Be well worth it Cam. What a place!! It was great to see a kid go from being a forced fisherman to a beginner angler over a couple of days.

always good to see the kids smiling mate

my oldies have been fishing up there good fish

darryl_l

gone phishin,

It is always good to catch fish but it is always better to get the kids on to some fish too as they are the fishos of the future. Teaching them now at this age to catch and release is the way to go so they can take their kids in the future to do the same thing as you are.

Darryl L

Thanks Darryl. You are so right, but if you are who I think you are, you have had a lot of influence on this kid as well as me, after a late session outside my place tying knots etc.! Monduran on Thursday! Couldn't make Baffle today unfortunately. Wife and little mate were all fished out. If you aren't who I think you are, you are still very right, and I hope that he takes all these experiences through life with him. I wish I had taken a photo of the look on his face as each of his fish flicked the tail and left his hands. Would have been better photos than the brag ones!

DNO40

Excellent stuff and wise words Darryl.

DNO

darryl_l

Jeff (gone phishin)

Yes I am the Darryl you think, but I can't take credit on your instilling the virtues of catch and release. Glad to here you had such a good time of it and I didn't get to fish the Baffle either but did get to the meeting.

Darryl L

just of interst is that a 125 scorpion or 150 the youngh fellas got in his hand with that yella

Another kid hooked by the look of it.
    Pass on my congrats to him - excellent fish!

Nice fish!

Sorry about the delay in answering jimbolikes_barra! Yep thats a 150 Scorpion Fluouro Green XDD and the fish was taken at 30' depth. It also caught the young blokes Barra's except for 2 taken beside the sticks, which took a chrome blue Arafura Barra

Regards
    Geoff