Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check out these Long Rods.

Check out these Long Rods.

Hi All

We used these poles in the World Championships in France. They were up to 16 meters !!.

Re: Check out these Long Rods.

fishingnottake

christ wouldn;t that lenght be working against you? why did they have to be so long?

no reels?

fishingnottake

looks like they flick them out like the old cane rods we used to use in the moonie,

You need them to fish in the ripping current, you fish a float directly below the tip and hold it back in the current to try and keep it in the "fishie " zone long enough to get a bite. It is impossible to fish an rod and cast from the bank because of the current. It is called match fishing and is very big in Europe.

Not as much fun as catching Jacks But.

fishingnottake

how did you go?

Not very good mate but South Africa did finish ahead of Auatralia

Might not be able to catch cricket balls but do ok with the fishing. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

What where you trying to catch and do you have any photos of fish....

The target fish were a type of bream,carp,several types of roach,catfish and eels. Unfortunately the pics are on negs and these were the only ones I could find I will have another look and see if I can find them.

i know the poms use thing very simular for their course fishing
    elestice is in the rod tip and that is what you use to fight the fish so no reels

good show on fox sports is about their big comp they have
    Fish'o'mania
    something like 25 000 pound for firt place and 2500 pound for the biggest fish
    they fish from a peg and have that set bit of water to fish mainly from a dam and catch roach, trench, carp, perch and a few other

great show to watch

Yup

Spot on mate , thats the same method we used, and every single angler has an official watching you and the fish is not allowed out of the area once hooked. The amount of spectators at these events are amazing all cheering everytime someone gets a fish. Huge sponsorship deals. Like one of those poles is worth $7000 not to mention the 8 to 10 tips that go with it. Huge money to compete properly.

hi guys
    am a pommy fisherman , and have done a far bit of fishing the pole (they make them over 20 metres now) . there generaly used in the match curcuit as when fished correctly they give a very direct strike ( the tip of the rod is right above the float and bait) . also as you have to put the rod together a section at a time (9 sections to some poles) theres no need to cast the bait into postition , you simply ship it out a section at a time .
    cant say i enjoyed this method and a good pole is about a grand sterlin . so ill stick to spinning
    anyone who has seen how lazyly carp bream and other course fish species fight can tell you its not hard to land them even on the poles with elastic.
    you dont see many people using them for trout or salmon though would like to see a barra cought on one ,
    tight lines

i purchased a ""mullet stick"" over 20 years ago that i still have in possession and yes it still gets used every now and then,,,,,i found it absolutley great trout fishn,, especially when you've got blackberry bushes and so forth in ya way,,,,,in the salt i've used it on bream,gar,,luderick,,nearly everything except mullet

oh yeh its about 6.5 mtrs,,,fibreglass composite,, and is telescopic,,,,with the butt being around 50mm diametre and the tip about 3mm,,all up weight would be about quarter of kilo,,,,,,,good stick

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

WHAT THA!!!!!!