Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: SHOW US YA BARRA

Re: SHOW US YA BARRA

Umm I thought i had posted my pics in this thread!! obviously not!!! Lol

well here they are now better late than never

4 day trip at faust last year in August. (dad was there for 2 weeks)

total of 8 Barra landed (myself) all caught casting Barra classics in the sticks from 5pm till around 10pm most nights Dad's best was landed during the day when i wasn't there I would have lost at least another 8 fish that were camera shy or so big the 50lb braid and 80lb mono leader didn't cut it. actually one of them straightened the split ring on a barra classic!!!! this is also my 1st and only (to date) Barra session!!! well except at the Bli Bli Barra park!!!! #
    anyways enough chatting here are the pics

My biggest to date 107cm and 16kg

The Barra Classics certianly worked for us!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dad's best 118cm and about 60lb I think, he is a BIG boy!!! (both of them )

one more This one was in the high 80cm bracket and was one of the smallest i saw on the trip. I just wish i was holding it better in the shot

Cheers and tight lines!!!!!!

Brandonl...

rogue2527

This is my PB, #she went 116cm and weighed 40lb. #Caught at Awoonga November last year. Caught on a silver and black Pedetek Viper deep diver.

Your PB weighing 40 pounds,,,,,,,,,more like 50lb. A fish of 116 from Awoonga will weigh much more than 40 lbs, and by the looks of the condition of the barra, I'm sure 50 is a lot closer to the mark. Anyways, great fish! Live weight, you can expext a barra of about 105cm average from Awoonga to weigh 40 pounds whole, live and kickin'.
    Johnny M

This small barra was caught on one of my uncles homemade bass lures. It was a memorable session which involved crawling through allsorts of vines and lantana stands and having to flick lures a max of 1-3m due to the size of the creek. Ended up with 5 rat barra and 3 tarpoon all caught in the upper reaches of a small Cairns river.

Pete.

The NT doesn't only have big barra, this one caught on a 3 inch plastic at shady camp.
    Cheers Ian

Mate caught this one trolling about 2 o'clock in the arvo at Awoonga

Cheers

Sy

My old mans first Barra - caught Awoonga dam 117cm

Im Still tryin to beat the bastard

small one from awoonga

and another shot

One from Aussie fishing park up in sunshine coast

onother from aussie fishing park

another from aussie fishing park

Hey Dicko,
    not sure whats going on in the weirs, maybe the bony bream populations have crashed? Combined barra and exotics pressure could have done it?

Temps are probably getting pretty high and dissolved oxygen low so thay may be going dormant as you suggest or moving to parts of the weir pools that have better oxygen concentrations - i.e. shaded cool areas or those exposed to any chop created by the prevailing winds.

Here hoping that we get a 1 in 20 year wet to blast the whole system out!!

Regards - Jim
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC