Thread: first Barra

first Barra

This is a pic of my daughter and her first Barra she caught it on the walsh river at pump hole just west of chillago in fnq,as you can see she's pretty happy with it i didnt think she was going to let us eat it she was lucky to get it in as she was using a very cheap big W rod and real with light line on it it was as silver as a sea barra,very clean,tasted good too....

Re: first Barra

great stuff, good to see im not the only dad and daughter team, congrats to her on such agreat fish. cheers bdowdy

great stuff

Mate, we were there only about 2 month's ago! We picked up a heap of Sooties and nothing else... and a few weekends ago we fished right up at the Headwaters of the Walsh and also Chillagoe Creek down at the deep holes near the Airport where we own a block of land. I live very close to the exit of the Walsh here near Herberton, and theres only a few Sooties and nothing else.

Great Pic. Shame I didn't get it before she did Well done

TT
    TT

Congrats on a quality fish. This was my young fellas first Barra caught at Peter Faust Dam, Prosepine, 30lb Berkely Gorilla Braid and a Old Darwin Dart Lure. #15 minute fight and did everything expected of a quality fish - 116cm 22.5kg - one tired but very happy boy.
    Whats more he took out the comp and beat all the adults to boot.[img][/img][img][/img]

this was my first barra cant remember how long ago it was but along time ago