Thread: Bony Bream

Bony Bream

Have a look at this cheeky fella.
    Didn't think they would have a go at a lures.......

Re: Bony Bream

good stuff i havnt seen that before, at glenlyon theres huge schools of bony bream and they dart off at any lure that comes close, youve done well . cheers bdowdy

Hungry bugger!

I caught one of them too.......well sort of !!

Metre plus barra below showed me what he was chewing on before he came aboard - greedy bugger isn't he!

Cheers Mak579..

Thats a nice..........Bony Bream

blue-mako

Barra can eat big baits can't they!

Troy

is there any one that makes a lure that resembules a big bony like that in the pics
    figjam :wink:

scott_b

This is pretty close !!
    wamjam

what is the name of that lure do thay make them any bigger or to the same size as those bonys in the pics has it done the trick yet and caught you a fish, it looks like it has a good strong action .
    figjam :wink:

We were onto a good school of bass today when a solid bony popped up to the surface all disorientated, and with a heap of scales missing. He'd obviously been smashed by something down there. The boys just casually netted him for a quick pic and then sent him back to his doom. Nuggstar, lipless cranks are exceptionally good on fish that are feeding on boneys.

I was going say how they are gun baits for barra, but Mak579 said it best with that photo.

scott_b

Gday nuggstar
    Mate the lure is 130mm Mudeye ,its a half thickness cod lure that was triled at Faust but was only trolled because the fish were all down deep. Got a few barra and the cod love them.
    wamjam