Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wild Bass

Wild Bass

Went fishing with my bro on the weekend to see if we could get a few bass. After 10min I connected to a good fish on a small Manns diver. He pulled alot of drag and I was too sluggish so he found his home and now has a plastic ornament hanging from his front door.

It was 1pm and sunny as hell when my bro tied on a popper. This was the result, first cast. We had a few more hits and a hookup on the surface lures but bailed soon after.

Re: Wild Bass

right down the gullet

Nice stuff mate! Pics turned out ace.

What brand/model popper is that one? I have one in my tackle box i picked up at a Garage sale not long back, and i swear it looks precisely like that one you got in the pic's above.

Theo
    TT

great fish mate love it when they hit the surface did you see the hook up

The lure was a small rapala skitterpop. They work well. I've used the bigger ones at tineroo and got strikes but no fish When those beasts hit the surface in shallow water in the dead of the night it really is brown undies time.

Yeah I did see the hook-up. I was standin 15m down from him and heard him makin a fuss and I looked at his lure just as it got smashed. He said it came up real slow with it's chin up and just waited for the pause before it struck.

'When those beasts hit the surface in shallow water in the dead of the night it really is brown undies time. '

Thought it was a Rapala, thats the only reason I brought it at that sale!

T'Roo

TT

nathan_fishing

great bass
    they love the surfes lures

nathan

The Bass down the Tweed have been going off on surface lures these past few weeks as well and when I am in the area my lunch breaks often find me pulled up on the upper tweed picking up a few bass on them in the middle of the day. (I picked up seven on an extended lunch break yesterday ). We found a couple of weeks ago they would not touch a diver but were all over the surface lures. Not that Im complaining. Love the boofs
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

Jitter buggen
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

I love the wild bass, they fight hard

Bass off the surface is close to my fav type of fishing. Even if you only pull a few fish there is always something to keep you going, whether it be the wildlife or the constant hits that don't always feel the hooks.

pete.

nathan_fishing

bass love the surfes lures at currumbin creek and eat most divers,sp and the fly heres a few

nathan

nathan_fishing

one on sp

nathan_fishing

sorry bad pic that one one on fly

nathan_fishing

even a turtle on hard body!!

nathan