Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge Saratoga

Re: Huge Saratoga

Fair go on daintree fellas. Seen rob on fishing australia do stuff like that, and hes a professional.

Great fish mate, well worthy of a few coldies .

To hell with all you going on about how the man held the fish, woop doo. Saratoga are one of Australia's toughest and hardiest fish, you can have them out of water with your hand up their @$$ for 60mins if you really want and they will be fine (not that is a done practice but... ya know). It was a perfectly fine hold on the fish and was let free to fight another day in the wild.

This Freshwater fishing section is to applaud those who catch beaut fish and can post their pic's to show the audience, not for people to wonder along and critisice some-1 of holding a fish wrongly. You can approach AusFish if you want to add a section on that if you wish?.

TinarooTriumph
    TT

i'll leave the other comments alone, but ripper toga mate and after keeping them in a tank and seeing what those nasty little teeth can do I can see why he wouldn't be sticking his hand in there

Darren_R

Gday all, Thaught I might post a pic of a Toga I caught in PNG. The guy holding it is the late Don Mcpherson from Platapus Fishing line. He thaught it was such a good specimen that he wanted a photo of himself with it. Heres to you Don!!!

scrotty.... absolute stonker toga there too mate, what was it caught on?

Im with Az on this one, thats a beaut fish Scrotty. Judging by the colours looks like he/she was an oldie just waiting to be landed.

What did you catch him on Scrotty? These Toga' are pretty fussy when it comes to lures.

Again, well done mate.

Cheers.

TinarooTriumph
    TT

Darren_R

Gday Guys, This fish was caught on an old Lively Lures "Assassin" 75. These are no longer made. The togas in png were a bit of a pain when you were trying to catch Barra. Most of the togas were kept for the PNG Natives as they loved them more than barra because of the high oil content. It was only fair to give them to them as they let us fish their rivers.

NICE FISH TOP JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

nathan_fishing

GOOD FISH
    I WONT 2 CATCH 1 DO U NO ANY SPOTS AROUND THE GOLD COAST

_NATHAN_

great fish in awesome wild scenery

Huge Toga well done
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph
    Great fish mate, well worthy of a few coldies .

To hell with all you going on about how the man held the fish, woop doo. Saratoga are one of Australia's toughest and hardiest fish, you can have them out of water with your hand up their @$$ for 60mins if you really want and they will be fine (not that is a done practice but... ya know). It was a perfectly fine hold on the fish and was let free to fight another day in the wild.

This Freshwater fishing section is to applaud those who catch beaut fish and can post their pic's to show the audience, not for people to wonder along and critisice some-1 of holding a fish wrongly. You can approach AusFish if you want to add a section on that if you wish?.

TinarooTriumph
    Your comments question your on knowledge on the subject of fish preservation. Having caught and handled many 90cm+ togas, I can tell you there heads are NOT designed for taking the weight of their bodies. It is NOT perfectly fine to hold the fish as you mentioned. I also am not having a go at the OP, its no big deal and I am sure they now know how to handle one correctly when they catch another one of these fine specimens.

The people that asked was it eaten, I would certainly hope not, as from what I am told, they are absolutely horrible eating with too many tiny bones and muddy flesh. But hey, they said the same thing about carp and my uncle minces them and eats them like there is no tomorrow. yes, gross!

The freshwater fishing section is to applaud but should also serve to educate and heighten awareness to technique and conservation. If you saw someone you knew to be inappropriate or incorrect on an expert show would you stand up and be heard (ie. write in to show), i know i do and would?

Like I said well done and great fish.
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

double post..please delete
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Awsome pics mate
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><