Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few Bass.

hardb8

A few Bass.

Went for a walk today and got into a few Bass.47 fish landed of which the best two went 51 and 53cm's.Took a couple of shots,Still tryin ta work out the new camera.LOL.

hardb8

Re: A few Bass.

Silent TN.

hardb8

One of the better models.

hardb8

Lures used.

I have trouble counting to 47, let alone catching that many fish .

Well done mate... And Im sure for all the Bass fisho's out there you will tell them where you were fishing?
    TT

47 fish on foot

Looks like you worked the camera out just fine mate nice pics.

Pete.

hardb8

Hi Pete,
    # # # # # #Thanks for the comments on the pics,Playin round with the camera at the moment.I think that the angle of the shot is important.I took around 8 pics,And about 4 were dodgy angles which ruined what would have been excellent pics.

My best session on foot is 108 Bass landed.Best fish in this session were :- 4 @ 50,2 @ 51,1 @ 52,And 2 @ 53cms.All measured at fork lenght.I've cracked triple figures twice now,And been over 50 a number of times.No sounder,No boat....Just rod,Reel,Tape,Pliers,Camera,A box of lures,And a bottle of water.

I have a kayak and a boat,But.....Theres' somthin special about doin it from the bank....The odds are in the fishs' favour,And for this reason,It makes the experience more rewarding for me......Mano e Fisho......LOL.

Glad you found a camera that's getting you some good pics mate, what make is it?
    Also, where do you find those lures? I've not done a lot of tackle shopping lately, but I've never seen a lure like any of those.

hardb8

Hi Karl,
    # # The camera I chose is a Kodak,Z650,6.1 MP,10x optical zoom.Got it on sale $100 off the regular price.It's my first DC so I'm constantly learning about what it can do.I'm obviously no expert,But I'm very happy with it's results so far.I need to work out the F stop,Shutter speed and all that stuff to get the most out of it.Just shooting in the auto mode ATM.Looking foward to learning how to push it harder.

My lures are sourced localy,And from all over the world.You may see some from time to time in my pics that aren't available in ya local shop.

All the above lures are from the Jackall Bros stable.Top is a TN/60 Purple Snake.Purple is my favourite colour for lures.It was a request by Mr Harry Watson to the people at Jackall for this particular pattern,And I believe it was only sold in Aus.I have been told this pattern was a poor seller here in Aus.....I love it.

The next is a silent TN/60.Crack Spawn,Pink and white.It is a limited colour from Japan.

The bottom is a Mask Vib 60.This has been slightly modifyed by me with the blade added.It is quite commonly available in my area.This particular lure has produced a number of quality fish for me.Shes' a beauty.Just put some fresh hooks on for a bash in the mornin...R.D.O. YES!

hardb8

Check out this badboy.He's bitten off a bit more than he can chew.Classic lip hook up.LOL.

hardb8

Above is the smallest,Below is the biggest.50 FL not a real biggin,But put up a good scrap.........Better than sleepin in.........

hardb8

This is the same fish a bit closer.Took the old Crankbait rod out for a run today for some comparisons.Still a very nice rod to use.But it reminded me why it's taken a back seat to the Destroyer.No where near as responsive.

I put it down to the CBR being a glass graphite composite.With the glass in it,It has trouble transmitting information efficiently to the user.On the other hand,The glass makes it very easy to cast,Keeps the hooks in,And absorbs shock extreamly well due to it being a very forgiving material.

Perfect Bass rod for the Mrs.

hardb8

Found the Bass quite tough today,They wern't real keen at all.

A beat up Bony (Minus head) floated onto the bank at my feet.I picked it up and compared some lures from my box of tricks.

I know your a big fan of the naturals,So this ones' for you Tiges.

well done mate,

is it north pine you were fishing in?
    Cheers,

Ben

That boney got SMASHED!
    thanks for the info mate.