Thread: 142.5cm Barra

142.5cm Barra

Got this from a mate who got it from his mate who is a ranger at Awoonga dam.

142.5cm barra caught by Andrew Tavener from Georgica NSW it was caught on a F18 barra clasic and was released
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Re: 142.5cm Barra

well done.

jeez id like to see a pic of it on a mat!!! Looks big but hard to see wether it 142. Must be like big foot footage.... everytime someone films or takes a photo of bigfoot its fuzzy or hard to make out Not calling anyone a liar it would just be nice to see a monster on a mat or on a measure of some sort, i have fish around 115cm that look as big as that so hard to tell.

Nice fish... looks well and truly over 125, but won't beleive a thing until I see the fish on an extended brag mat for it's true length. Any guesses as to how many pounds it might have gone?
    TT

A top fish no matter what the size. I realize there must be some weight there but it can't be good holding a fish that size by the mouth like that can it.

Yeah, not the best handling of a fish, but I've seen plenty worse. His got the bulk of the weight on his legs (Keeping the fish straight), and the head in a fair position. It's the people that hold the fish in the air in that position that gets me pretty worried.

Still, any fish over 125 must be a bitch to hold... Im flat out lifting a meteree, the weight isnt that much of a problem, just the shape and the green nature of the fish. Must have been a fairly strong bloke to get that one in the boat .
    TT

heard it was 40 kg

that is a great fish

Sweet looking fish, even better to be released.

Regards Cameron.

figjam :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph
    Yeah, not the best handling of a fish, but I've seen plenty worse. His got the bulk of the weight on his legs (Keeping the fish straight), and the head in a fair position. It's the people that hold the fish in the air in that position that gets me pretty worried.

Still, any fish over 125 must be a bitch to hold... Im flat out lifting a meteree, the weight isnt that much of a problem, just the shape and the green nature of the fish. Must have been a fairly strong bloke to get that one in the boat # .
    Thanks tinaroo for the answer.

WHITTO

Brag mats only go up to 120cm, but still you would have some idea, Clearly it is a Big Girl, Whitto

Nice fish would the ranger keep a record somewhere for all to see?

Good fish all the same!

TT

Looks like a big fish all right! Must have been a pain to hold up properly

i know tav and the fella he fished with and yes it is every bit 142cm and tav is a guy who is straight down the line no bullshit.