Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bit by the devil

bit by the devil

well this afternoon i managed to get a few bass.......using one lure all afternoon in the "harlequin" tassie devil, i managed to get 4 bass...no monsters but im not complaining.......letting the lure sink to the bottom which somtimes i was counting to 70 before hitting bottom i slowly retrive back and then "bang"!

Re: bit by the devil

Hey mate
    nice healthy looking little bass

Nice work Jimmybob what dam/system are you fishing there? Might have to give them a go when i get out to northpine off the bank

The Jackles tend to sink a bit quicker though Lol

Cheers N
    Tight Lines

Brandon...

great stuff

Neat looking lure! I've never seen one of those for sale over here in the US. Looks good. Is it all plastic (very light?) or are there weights on it? I like the way the hook is disconnected from the lure. Makes it harder for the fish to throw? Very interesting.

Nice catch and pics! Congrats!
    "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.-- Mark Twain"

hi jimmybob
    have you tried the tassie devils with a single hook instead of the treble, thats how I use them and I believe all the newer ones come with the single hook. They seem to hook up to the fish better.
    cheers
    blaze

nahblaze i havent tried a single hook yet...but i will......i got a few salty devils too to try out

These little lures have got to be one of the most versatile on the market. You can use them as they come in the pack, bend them a bit more to give them a more erratic movement through the water. Spin them around and they stay shallow great for fishing small shallow streams. My favorite is to use a single hook as stated above with a red bead separating the hook and lure. Works a treat.

The only problem i can see with them is there large side to side movement which tends to get them snagged a fair bit. Lucky they are cheep!

then theres the dual depth....its action is really erratic.....donza? do you use a tru turn hook when using a single hook set up?

hit the 50cm!

go tassies!

nice work mate, will have to give them a go.