Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your cod

Re: Show us your cod

speckly & I
    Drawn it's not good that you don't catch small cod we catch all sizes but mostly smaller cod

I agree, the people I know and fish with are all concerned about the lack of smaller cod.

drawn

scott_b

Gday cod buster
    good on ya mate nice looking fish , some of those spots look a bit familiar. Drawn must be a lot of hours put in for those big cod , I no in the dam here you can spend half your life throwing lures and not get a touch apart from a keen yella haven a chop at a lure half its size.
    Good to look at the pics wamjam

I shouldn't let the cat out of the bag BUT.....I have had days of catching 3 or 4 cod those sizes. With 2 of us in the boat on my trips the overall average is 2 cod per day. A quiet day is usually a few yellow belly and 1 cod.
    Very few SA fishermen know the potential of our fishery, most of the times I've fished I don't have anyone else fishing near me.
    I don't get fishing that often, but the few that go often sometines strike a day where the fish are going off. The best day I've been told about was 8 cod with half of them over 1m.

drawn

great fish cod buster

Cheers,

Ben

me with a little cod

another

cod_buster and I, I caught him on a plastic jig

you young blokes are good fishermen!
    well done!

hey speckly where abouts were those cod caught,

is that an old tenterfield dart i see in the night pic
    Cheers,

Ben

yeah its a tenterfield dart and I caught them between the condamine river near surat river and glenlyon dam

speckly

thats awesome mate, do u fish down that way much? know any good spots i can get into if i dont own a boat, eg: bank acces
    Cheers,

Ben

Some nice cod from you young fellas, I can't wait until my kids are old enough to take out fishing in the boat. I'm really looking forward to helping them get their first cod and big snapper also.

drawn

Hey Yella hunter,

Yeah I do fish down that way a bit, Tamworth river is worth a try they get some really nice cod and yellowbelly down that way and the murray river would be worth a try and when you fish in the murray river if it clears up run some lures through there you'll get some huge cod. casting is unreal at tamworth try and get as close to the snags and structure as possible. And Glenlyon Its unreal mate

cheers
    Speckly

well done u young fellows