Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Show us your cod

Re: Show us your cod

Some more pics.

Cheers Rossco
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where else in the world could you catch fish like that. I have caught a few myself and generally let them go.

I got a fairly big one late winter last year, full of roe, on a shrimp, amongst the logs, about 16 - 18 pounds.

Magnificient fish, didn't get her in the boat just took the hook out and she swam away.

She must have been carrying thousands of eggs.

Heading out some where soon, don't know where, but be assured it will be to cod or yellowbwlly country.

Have fun Haji-Baba

Yes love it, have lost count of the fish I have caught in the last few months, I recon the averge size has been 65-70 cm with cricket scores of Yellowbelly thrown in. Good things come out of floods as well as bad. I have also released almost all fish, love watching them swim away.
    Let me know if your coming out this way Haji.

Classic Rossco.
    we caught fifty yellas at Chinchilla over Christmas New year. Mostly released. As you said, some good comes out of floods. I remember the forlorn days of the thread The Milky Condamine, and what a turn around! Its just wonderful to see. Check out my new thread and hopefully post up a pic in there for us. General Fishing Chat Put up your best Fish for Jan. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Yes love it, have lost count of the fish I have caught in the last few months, I recon the averge size has been 65-70 cm with cricket scores of Yellowbelly thrown in. Good things come out of floods as well as bad. I have also released almost all fish, love watching them swim away.
    Let me know if your coming out this way Haji.
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Hi Guys,
    Got this cod on one of my homemade broomhandle surface lures at Copeton at Christmas time. Tried to get a good measurement but the slippery little sucker wouldnt sit still so it was a 90cm fish once it was straightened out..
    It definitely put up a spirited fight as it towed my 3.9m tinny around and I reckon we did several circles up to the point of capture.
    I use 30lb braid mainline with a 60lb braid trace, I find it good around rocks n trees.

Let it go in good nick and yes it is always good to see them swim away.

I like eating fish but find any freshwater fish fatty and muddy tasting once they get bigger. Apart from the good old redfin.
    Couldnt bring myself to kill a big cod anyway.....

I have seen the days of barren waterholes out west and dont want to go back there.

Cod are territorial and will fight it out and sort out their place in the holes and there can be many big cod in each hole. I have seen a dozen big cod schooled up on the bottom of a clear hole.. And with all the Redfin and Bobby cod in the dams I think the big cod help clean up the system.
    cheers, steve.

2012-11-19 20.16.53 (Medium).jpg

Nice one rabbi, yes mate they are to good to catch once, I like you have seen the river barren as a kid and never want to see it like that again, I think most people do the right thing now days.

Cheers Rossco

Hi Guys n gals,
    Got this one recently..
    Only a tiny fish but my first ever on a spinnerbait...I had to stick a jewfish soft plastic on it to make it work

2014-02-03 17.19.44 (Medium).jpg

Nice job.

Well done

Louis

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Just a few pics from the last couple of days. Testing out a bit of the new gear I had sent to me and I've gotta say I'm pretty impressed.
    Cheers
    James

Cmon gang...this thread is way too quite....I know its closed season but this girl smashed my fave yb lure....fun on 2-4kg rod/8lb braid.....released of course105_5098.jpg

Nice cod there, well done
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

cod 17-03-2015 001.jpg105cm river cod, tagged and released.

I'm sorry mate. I meant to click on the like but my fingers was too thick. Nice cod though. Well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Good one Rossco, very nice river fish.

Thanks guys I was stoked to get a metery in the river.

cheers
    rossco