Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your cod

scott_b

Re: Show us your cod

Gday mate
    A local lure maker here has been sending a lot of lures to SA and they seem to be asking for darker coloured lures. Most of what we use are white or yellow on the under side. Not to say they are better.
    wamjam

Here's my first cod.

Sorry about the rubbish picture quality. Caught it in a creek near Stanthorpe, SE Qld, and the lure is handmade by a local guy out there.

great to see them releasede in good condition

nathan_fishing

wat are the good cod lures and wat size braid plz

nathan

scott_b

Gday nathan
    Mate I use 30lb braid with 35lb leader and I like the bigger lures around 100mm or if you think there is the odd yella getting about try a 80mm that way you should cover both. Sent ya a PM
    #wamjam

#PS Nice fish were trout

Since I'm bored this arvo and can't go fishing , plus there hasn't been many cod added lately, I thought I post a couple of pics of one we caught about 2 months ago.

Myself and mate Garry who hadn't caught a cod yet went for a troll.
    Garry caught this HUGE cod. We only got these pics next to the boat as it was too big to even concider bringing into the boat as it could get damaged. While Garry was holding the rod and trying to get video, the line brushed past the motor and cut it off. We weren't fussed though as we had it along side the boat for about 2mins, so got a real good look at it.
    I didn't get to lay a tape along it but I have been mucking around at home measuring the lure and working out the scale. I've come up with 140cm but the pic isn't square onto the fish so I would assume the fish was actually longer than that. I've had a 75 to 80lb fish at the boat before and this one was significantly bigger.
    Our estimate was around 100lb

drawn

Another pic

holy sh....t thats one nice fish. congrats cheers bdowdy

go go go codboys thoes are some fish. i'd love to catch one oneday
    figjam :wink:

scott_b

Gday drawn
    mate I bet your mate was happy about that for a first cod!!!.
    The water looks pretty clear in the pic . When can we come down for a fish.
    wamjam

Closed season now till the end of the year.
    Water is still pretty clear which is a bad thing for the state of the river down here as the flow is well down.
    Wamjam, if you want to come down next winter, message me when it is closer and I'll point you in the right direction and meet up for a fish.

drawn

Hi all,
    What are the regulations and limits for Cod in Queensland ?

By the way some of you guys have caught some magnificient fish in particular that last fish, truly spectacular. Its brilliant to see so many lads committed to catch & release.

It would appear that South Australia is the home of the biggest & best Cod on offer in Australia.

Magnificient thread, all involved are to be commended.

Gilly

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert-McDowell
    Hi all,
    # #What are the regulations and limits for Cod in Queensland ?

By the way some of you guys have caught some magnificient fish in particular that last fish, truly spectacular. Its brilliant to see so many lads committed to catch & release.

It would appear that South Australia is the home of the biggest & best Cod on offer in Australia.

Magnificient thread, all involved are to be commended.

Gilly
    Gday Gilbert! There is no closed season for Murray Cod in QLD except on the border rivers, 1st of September to 1st December is closed season there,Bag of 2 with min size of 60 cm and max size of 110 cm.

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

That's a great fish and great pic Mc Cod!

drawn

Awesome photo McCod, great colour for a big fish.