Thread: Borumba 19-21/12 - toga, sml bass

Borumba 19-21/12 - toga, sml bass

Hi Ausfishers, well I finally went bass and toga fishing at Borumba again and all i can say is it was a bit dissapointing. As other people noted there were plenty of dead bony bream from the water table turning.

We fished 3 sessions and only got one desecent 73cm Toga. (see photo below) and quite a few undersized bass.

The first afternoon session was really exciting with plenty of hook ups with togas and even getting snapped off by something very heavy. Unfortunetaly we came up short and couldn't get any of the fish into the boat. The second day the hits slowed down and just as we were going to call it a day (lunch time) my little silent tn60 jackall picked up a nice 73cm Toga. It engulfed the jackall and gave a good show with two leaps clearing the water. Finally got a chance to try out my environet and took some happy snaps and sent this beauty on its way. Day 3 of the trip was terrible with wind, heat and only a few strikes from small bass.

Overall dissappointing but still at least we got one descent fish.

Roydsy
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

Re: Borumba 19-21/12 - toga, sml bass

73cm Toga caught on tn60 silent Jackall

There she is in the environet

Runt bass were plentiful, shame about the ones that got away

bloody nice toga, hope to get up there soon. was heading there early this year and was told not to bother as water was dirty and nothing happening.cheers bdowdy

great toga mate,

looks like a nice scenic dam too,
    Cheers,

Ben

Top looking Toga'... Looks in very good nic. Have you ever tried Fly Fishing for the Southern Saratoga before mate? Borumba would be the place to do it! Or Cania...

Good to see another Ausfisher using an Environet...
    TT

Tim_01

great saratoga roydsy how long do you reakon until the dam stops 'turning over'?

cheers,

Tim.

scott_b

Very nice mate !! Catching a toga is very high up on my things to do list but I don't expect to get one that good. Merry Chistmas.
    wamjam

Nice Toga mate
    Tight lines <*)(((((((((><

Nice fish there. Looks nice on the water too with plenty of sunshine and blastard wind.
    Why is all the good weather around on weekdays?

Hi guys, thanks for the kind comments. Yeah its a great place and was very windy at times, but there are plenty of places to get out of the wind and flick a lure. I don't reckon the place will fire until early Jan given the current water turning over. We did see a few more dead bony bream and saw some descent schools of bass holding deep in an around toga bay.

I have tried fly fishing there on a few occasions and found it to be very successfull. I did the unthinkable and sold my fly gear a few years ago as I wasn't getting out on the water much, damn that was a stupid decision.

Anyway, cheers and beers.

Roydsy