Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: barra park

barra park

this is me other mate Mal who took me to the barra park...ive decided i want a barra park in my back yard too! on ya Mal!

Re: barra park

nice fish mate. is that the park at Bli Bli?

yer...it was great...better in summer i expect...

yeah good fun. even better with livies

yer i heard u can use ya own livies there...is that true?...can u bring them in from elsewhere?if i knew that i would ave ... ???

yep its true! we brought in a big esky loaded with big mullet,biddies,herring and winter whiting. castnetted at maroochydore. Was good fun watching the barra smash the mullet. some of the mullet were almost 30cm and the barra had no trouble taking it the the hooks they give u are rubbish, we were using 6/0's. the livies out did the pellets 5 to 1

scott,
    evr fished the mixed species pond?

yeah had one go but got nothing. i fished the "big boys pond" most the time" seen some big trevally in that pond though

heres a small barra 46cm at bli bli farm
    DONT HATE THE ANGLER, HATE THE GAME

should be goin there this wednesday with the wife to get her one......

Captian_Zero

Here is my best Bli Bli barra caught In April this year.

Regards

Chris

How far is the bli bli barra farm from brisbane? also, how much does it cost to fish there? thx for the help

Captian_Zero

They have a website at

http://www.aussiefishingpark.com/

Went today with some friends from work. first few hours were good then the wind picked up and it went to sh!t. Score was one all, mat steve and i all scored a barra. Steve would have got 3 if he had leader on. Blood knots on braid straight onto the hook doesn't hold real well. When i figured out what was happening i tied him a trace on. I caught some livies the day before but i couldn't find the air pump hose so they soon became deadies which the barra weren't interested in. Took one of the boats for a spin in the mixed species pond and saw a couple of milkfish that would have been 3 feet long each but they crapped their pants when i chucked my lure past them. No wonder they're ment to be suck good fighters, i've never seen a fish move so quickly. The guys were happy to get a barra but disappointed with the final tally.

Heres a photo of a 70+cm barra about to tail walk, if you look closly you can see the line fluttering like a ribbon, no wonder they spit so many hooks.