Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: barra park

blue-mako

Re: barra park

I love that place. We have caught some thumper Breambo's there. My biggest Bream from there is 45cms and 1.4kgs. I used to fish there every 2nd weekend last Summer and loved it to death. I really should start going again .

Troy

Its a great park but i think the barra are getting to smart when we go we take like 50 mullet and have a great time .

another

yeah that place is awsome

i go there every summer and always catch at least 5 every trip

sometimes using live bait and sometimes using pellots there is only one time that i dont go is when there is wind because the barra seem to go off the bite if its too windy.

bronson

ismail

I want to go to the fishing park this weekend and take my two nephews with me. Can anyone tell me details about this park.

What rod/reel combos should i take to cover all aspects of the park.
    lures
    hooks weights etc

also what is the exact adress and can you keep one or two fish that you catch.

thanks

hey mate it is pritty easy to catch barra there my PB barra was 100cm from the big boys pond there all you need is an average rod or you can hire one there and yeah use pellets and make sure you only use the hooks that they give you on the box of pellets because if you use different hooks the barra can see em and they dont take you'r bait i go there heaps around summer and always catch big fish around the 80-95 cm mark. the barra always bite more early in the morning or late arvo so make sure you dont pack up at like 4.30 because that is when they all start to feed and the addres is 325 david low way bli bli the number is 0754487514
    and you can keep the fish u catch as long as there under like 3 kg and it will cost u sumfin like $12-$15 a kilo
    hope this will help

bronson

i no this is an old post, but i went therer last friday and caught my first barra in the mixed species pond!!!!! it was 74 cm and it was awsome, and i also caught 3 good size bream from the same pond, ppl dont usually catch barra in the mixed species pond. and also saw this guy pull in #2ft+banded scat i think thats wot they r called, and lots of catches in the barra lagoon and a little flatty.(that barra was so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons