Thread: Christmas eve Cod

Christmas eve Cod

The morning of Christmas eve.

95 cm Cod caught on 12 pound Fireline, 12 pound vanish leader and a 3/8th purple spinner bait.

Shimano 10Xsg reel and 2 - 4 kg Daiwa Heartland rod.

Have a happy new year and many hours of successful fishing.

Howard (Goodoochaser)
    All times wasted thats not spent fishing

Re: Christmas eve Cod

now thats a bloody better fish they are healthy,are you in a dam or river.cheers bdowdy

Alright I think it is time for roydsy to go cod fishing. Where were you fishing, dam?

Can anyone tell me if northern NSW has any dams, river systems within 3 hours drive with these babies stocked?
    Not enough time in the day, to many spots to fish!

great work howard,
    where abouts were you fishing, is it a dam or river and which one,
    not asking for specific snags or anything just a name of the lake or river.

Roydsy, most of the border rivers/dams are stocked with Murray Cod,
    a couple of impoundments worth fishing are Glenlyon and Pindari, as for rivers try the severn, mcintyre and Dumaresq. All these locations are about 4-5 hours from Brissy/Gold Coast.

As for closer locations maybe try Cooby Creek Dam at Toowoomba,
    I know its mainly yellas but there are some big cod in there for those who spend the time looking. perhaps sound up the deep holes and drop some big spinnerbaits/Soft Plastics down.

Good Luck mate
    Cheers,

Ben

Thanks yellahunter I will be sure to give those locations are good once over and plan a trip soon. If i don't plan to go I never will and will probably end up going bassin, cheers mate!

PM me when your getting closer and I can let you in on a secret or two location wise
    Cheers,

Ben

bdowdy the dam is not to far from your stomping ground. Storm King (better known as Howards dam) It takes quite a while to sus it out, but I have fished it for years.

It is handy for me as it only takes me 15mins to put the boat on and be on the water, fish it up to 3 times a week when not fishing Glenlyon and Coolmunda.

Best Cod to date is 125cm out of Storm King. Plenty of 1 meter + fish in Glenlyon and I never get sick of fishing there, must get back and see if Brian Dare retrieve my favorites Home made lure.

Yellahunter, some big Golden's in my dam, 60cm+ not unusual.

As I fish catch and release I have been thinking for some time now that I would like to tag the fish, as I am sure I have caught the same fish several times. Must look into it.

Cheers

Howard (Goodoochaser)

must give me a pm next time i would be keen to fish this place in a boat as only ever fished from the bank cheers bdowdy

scott_b

Gday Howard
    Very nice mate what time of day?
    wamjam

wamjam,

The time the fish were caught was around 7 am. For the past month I have been getting most fish between 6.30 am to 8 am as the sun is higher, I think they are moving around in the shallow warm water.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter
    PM me when your getting closer and I can let you in on a secret or two location wise
    I sure will take you up on that. After i head to clarie hall this weekend i will start planning my next trip.

Cheers
    Roydsy

dumaresq river? anyone know of any secret spots?

cheers