Thread: Christmas Cod

Christmas Cod

Hi and seasons greeting to all at Ausfish.

I have been a little remiss at participating in the forum for quite a while, but have been reading the posts with much interest.

I am still chasing my obsession the beautiful Green Fish ever trying to better the ones that have given me so much pleasure in the past.

A few days fishing over Xmas did not see my personal best eclipsed but I shared a moment with my daughters boyfriend that was just as good when he caught his first Murray Cod.

Michael picked up this colorful 70 cm cod on his 4th cast in to the weed beds using a purple spinner bait on boxing day, he then followed it up with a 56 cm specimen 10 min later, not bad for his first attempt.

The other picture included ( Post Christmas eve Cod) is the Cod I caught on morning of Christmas eve, very close to where Michael scored his fish 2 days later. This one measured 95cm and was in beautiful condition, all the fish were returned successfully to the water.

Happy New Year to All.

Howard (Goodoochaser)
    All times wasted thats not spent fishing

Re: Christmas Cod

nice cod there a great fish. cheers bdowdy

scott_b

Mate I wish you were around when I was trying to catch my first cod, two in ten minutes!.
    wamjam

Awesome cod mate, what a great christmas present