Thread: Color Shades in Golden Perch

Color Shades in Golden Perch

Yellahunter,

This is for you, a pale Perch caught by my daughter bait fishing in 6 meters of water at Coolmunda Dam near Inglewood, we find the fish here are like this out in the open and darker amongst the sticks. These paler fish we also catch trolling the drop offs of the old river banks out in the lake. they hold around the 3 to 4 meter mark.

Howard
    All times wasted thats not spent fishing

Re: Color Shades in Golden Perch

Dark Golden Perch Caught in around a rocky area in Storm King Dam.

More the usual color Golden Perch found around the weed beds in clear shallow water.

The reel in the pic is a little project I did while re-couping last year from my heart operation, its an old Shimano Bantam 10Xsg I have owned since Adam was a kid (used to be top shelf back then) all the bushes have been replaced with quality roller bearings and the drag polished and worked.

It is a very small and light reel and sits in the palm of your hand perfectly. Still trying to work out how I can fit an anti reverse bearing. Casts light lures beautifully

There's a start to the colors, lets see what variations others can find.

Howard

some thumper yellas great colour

hey Howard,

They are some great fish there,
    Yellas really are a beautiful fish, second to Cod in my opinion.

lets keep them pics coming

ps: how does storm king dam fish? is it pretty consistent for yellas
    Cheers,

Ben

Yellahunter,

Even though the dam is small and shallow, Storm King can be frustating to work out as to just where the fish are.

At the moment the water level is very low and weed is an issue in how you fish it, the one consistent thing with this dam is it produces large yellas. and some monster Cod.

The other thing with this dam is it contains very large amounts of natural feed for the fish and quite often the fish are just not hungry, this is my theory and one of the reasons I would like to tag the fish to record age and growth rates.

Howard

Wyld_Fisher

Very nice looking Yellas!