Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beautiful Colorful Murray Cod

More on The Beautiful Murray Cod

Another picture of the Christmas Eve Cod from a different angle and also to see if I can get a picture up on the new site.

Howard (Goodoochaser)
    All times wasted thats not spent fishing

nice fish hes in really good nick

Gday
    Hows are yous going ,your pic worked ok howard.I'll see if I can attach one ,if this works its a 112cm from Stormking last year.
    wamjam

G/day wamjam.

Nice Cod its good to see others are shareing in the big girls in Storm King and doing the right thing in releasing them.

Just for my own records have you got the details of the capture and gear used. I am recording all I can to see if there is a pattern to these big fish.

I record the fish details, weather, time, am pm, water temp etc.

These big fish are the ones I would love to tag, I am sure over the years I have caught and released the same fish several times.

The biggest to date was 125 cm 26/3/06

Cheers

Howard (Goodoochaser)

PS looks like the new site attachments come up as thumbnails then you click to enlarge.

Gday Howard
    The date was 11.3.06 about midday on a 130mm gold mudeye Bigone.
    wamjam

Bloody hell !!
    125cm is a nice cod!!.
    wamjam

wamjam,

I believe the dam holds bigger ones than that, I am currently after one I saw 2 weeks ago, it looked to be a better fish again. It took about 6 weeks to get the 125cm one after first spotting it.

Re: The Beautiful Colorful Murray Cod

They are an awesome fish, i was going through an old mag last night and saw a 35 kilo fish taken from the Murrimbidgee quite a few years ago. Its a sad sight seeing something lik that taken....

Cheers

Re: The Beautiful Colorful Murray Cod

Awesome Cod guys! My PB Cod is 45cm.
    Cheers Lachlan (Wyld Fisher)
    ><))))*> ><))))*>