Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Yellas!!!!

Re: Show us your Yellas!!!!

Here's a yella guts I caught while hiking Lake Wivenhoe on sunday.
    Last edited by Fitzy; 14-05-2007 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

hi fitzy do they get many yellas there compared to forkys and bass, and what sort of lure is that. cheers bdowdy.

Here's one from a farm dam I stocked, caught in January. I'll be going for another fish there soon and I'll post another report. It was 33cm.
    View the original report here:

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...arm+dam+report

Tim.
    Last edited by TIMMY 666; 15-05-2007 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot to include link

nice coloured fish. cheers bdowdy

Gday all

Theres some nice fish there guys

Cheers Chillers

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    hi fitzy do they get many yellas there compared to forkys and bass, and what sort of lure is that. cheers bdowdy.
    G Day mate,
    Do ok on the yellas there at times. I've pretty much worked out how to avoid the forkies there, so in my case I get more yellas than forkies, mostly bass tho.

That lure is a gold, 35 or 45 grams Spanyid slug (cant remember) but its the one that won me the BASS Electric Grand Final there a couple a years back. Am spewing that I lost it about 10 minutes after that pic. Shoulda left it on the wall @ home. Doh!

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

good stuff fitzy,wouldnt have thought about using slugs with all the plastics and hard bodys around theses days, but works a treat hey....also know were your coming from with leaving it on the wall at home in retirement, but i know my wall is getting very full. cheers bdowdy

Cania yellow last October. Think it went 46cm. Daughter has a pb of around 50cm.
    Cheers,
    Steve.

nice fish gotta love cania its awesome dam, hope to get back up there when it warms up. cheers bdowdy.

Here's a yellowbelly I caught this morning at NPD. Measured 50cm to the fork, and fought like a wet sock. Maybe them bass are spoilin' me.

Chris

Thought I'd drag this old post up as I got my PB yella the other day. It's weird because I'd only ever caught 2 small yella's before, and their captures were incidental and a long time in between. My last 3 fishing sessions have resulted in only single fish captures, and bugger me if all 3 fish weren't yella's. At 3 different locations too. Didn't rate them much in the fighting stakes, but this one went really well. Put up a dogged and sustained fight, which had me picking it for a large bass. Got this one at Borumba.

Quote Originally Posted by fishytales View Post
    Measured 50cm to the fork
    Yellowbelly have forks? .

Here's a couple of pics of one of the 58cm Yellowbelly I've caught from North Pine. Caught another 58cm one in the same spot a week before so could have been the same fish. Missed out on pics the first time so had to catch him again.

Troy

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Yellowbelly have forks? .

Here's a couple of pics of one of the 58cm Yellowbelly I've caught from North Pine. Caught another 58cm one in the same spot a week before so could have been the same fish. Missed out on pics the first time so had to catch him again.

Troy
    I eat mine with a fork

Nice yellabelly there blue mako, that place holds some really nice sized fish, and in great condition too. Well done.

Thumbs up Re: Show us your Yellas!!!!

few copeton yellas[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

Attachment 15384

Attachment 15385

Attachment 15386

Attachment 15387

Nice wrok Troy,
    I caught this little guy at my mates dam a while ago which is incredibally hard to catch fish at. I didnt bother meausuring this guy or weigh him but for a yella it was a good fight