Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Yellas!!!!

Re: Show us your Yellas!!!!

Thats a nice yella Brett. I hear the yellas have been 'on' everywhere....but some of us have been too busy fishing Fiji and Gladstone to get a leave pass to get out ....lol

Still a bit fresh up your way....beanie? LOL

hi cindy...yeh still a little cool ,,but sick of rain,,sun finally starting to come out..fiji is a great spot,been there twice fishing myself...

Nice yella mate , that beanie and long cloths are a bad reminder.
    wamjam

thanks scott, great piccys of your trip mate..beers for sure when you get home

Glenlyon a week ago on bait.

Nice yellas, Banga....

Scott

nice fat fish there Banga lovely offering for a newbee very nice indeed
    Last edited by Outdoor Guy; 13-03-2011 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spellong

Gotta get up to Glenlyon one day for a play with those big fat yellas!

Barcaldine yella from the Lloyd Jones weir.
    Ceers Rossco
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice yellar rossco. How you been keeping ??

Scott

Good mate,How are you and the family? where are you now days, back home? planning on going to Glenlyon around the 25th, be good to catch up with you and Brett if your about? Only time i get to go fishing lately is when i'm waiting on job, see alot of nice water in my travels that i would like to flick a lure around in, rarely get the chance tho.
    cheers Rossco

A couple of years ago we camped at the deer park, Booroomba. Mate Dave doesn't get to fish much - for obvious reasons, and I set up a shrimp trap in the creek downstream from the dam. I told Dave that if we had any chance of catching a fish off the rock wall next to the ramp, in the middle of the day we had better put in the effort and catch live shrimp. There were boats and water skiers in all directions when we arrived, and to be totally honest when Daves' rod buckled over I thought he got caught by the propeller from a boat that was right over the top of his line. Never forget that day, neither will Dave, the yella stands as the biggest fish he ever caught. In the photo Dave in his humour posed with an ornamental knife we picked up from the markets the day before. He said a big fish deserves to be filleted with a big knife LOL

Scalem

Great story...Not wrong about the big knife LOL..

Scott

now THATs a knife!!! lol

Here is my first ever caught at Somerset dam about 12 months ago went 51.5cm
    02102010(004).jpg

me and the brother fished all day using lures of all types and worms for not a touch all day it wasnt till we unleashed the secret weapon that we started catching fish brother got a freshwater catfish that went 49cm..

Lucas