Thread: marroon today 23/10/05 big cod attacks my bass

marroon today 23/10/05 big cod attacks my bass

had the brother inlaw up from tassie,decided to introduce him to bass fishing.arrived at maroon dam to have two fellows tell us that they had been there since four oclock and had not a touch but we went out anyway.second cast bass 300mm ,brother inlaw fourth cast first bass 320mm,next bass got it to boat about 300 again only to see a huge cod come out of the depths and attack my bass,he had three goes at it i was praying the trebles in the jackal would pin him but no luck,he would have been 800mm long and weighed about 30lb.the brother inlaw was stunned by the size of it, unbeleivable thing to see.end of five hours on the water 48 fish biggest 420mm inlaw hooked on bass. cheers AL

Re: marroon today 23/10/05 big cod attacks my bass

heywarrior, any particular part of the dam and what gear were u using? plastics? iam really keen to try freshwater but just dont know where to go. maroon dam would be good as i live at browns plains.

cheers
    greg

that is crazy mate. great going what colour jackle?

awesome al sounds like a great days fishing ,im heading up there on the 5to8th of nov and im getting really excited after hearing that.what colour jackells were you using and were you just casting to the bank. also any on surface lures. i would have loved to have seen the cod ,i think there mary river cod up there. if you can give me any info would be really helpful. im acatch and release fisherman so you can pm me if you like. bdowdy

IVE FOUND GOLD IS AGOOD COLOUR BUT you never know
    Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

was using gold to start with then changed over to see thru body with gold nose cant remember the name of it.i dont think color matters really as we have used most of them the last couple of trips and been smashed with all of them.the banks on the left of the ramp produced better quality fish and also fishes really well in the last light with surface poppers,river to sea cicadas are unreal.we got fish in every area we went to so i dont think that matters too much at the moment. the cod was a mary river and its the third time i have seen them in that area of the dam. cheers AL

have u caught any thing else in maroon or just bass??
    Cheers,

Ben

thanks al for the info i really appreciate it,did you fish moogerah as thats were im staying. also its about 15klms from moogerah to maroon i heard is this true and is it sign posted. any way thanks again, will let everyone know how i went when i get home,may stay afew extra days. bdowdy......

only bass so far seen the big cod a few times and heard of one being caught dont know wether there is any yellowbelly in there

hi warrior apparently there is yerllas in there a mate caught one about 3 years ago, can any body tell me distance between moogerah and mooroon , is it fishable from moogerah in short time. bdowdy..

not really
    quite a drive i think

prolly 45 mins or more
    Cheers,

Ben

thanks yella hunter, did you get my message about thedam, pm me if your down this way ,well do adays fishing if ya keen. b dowdy...