Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABT DAIWA / BARRA COMP PETER FAUST DAM

Re: ABT DAIWA / BARRA COMP PETER FAUST DAM

Hey Paul,

Great Report and Pics.

It was a pleasure chatting to yourself and Steve about all things 'fishy' between events back at camp. Luke and I will no doubt catch up with you again next year on Tour!!

As promised, I put the squidgies you kindly gave me to good use recently out at a local reef #- thanks again.

Matt Coleman

Top report Paul and some beautiful pics there mate. I dont get tired of looking at those awesome fish... mmm oneday

Did well boys - better than most from what I heard.

some big barra there toppy, especially pic 3. well done.

Thanks guys!
    Matt Coleman, how are you mate?
    Did you fish well at Tinaroo, I heard the fish were mostly small up there during the comp!
    Looks like you are still living the good life & sneaking in a fish here & there.
    I hope you caught something on those lures, the lemon chicken works a treat down here on the Goldie.
    Have you heard of Zoom soft plastics? I now have access to them & we are catching fish! Last night I got my first jack on one & met a guy at a bream comp on the weekend who caught a 9.2kg snapper on one in Moreton bay. It wasnt his first either.
    Anyway hope you and your family have a good & safe Chrisy & look forward to seeing your posts!!!!!!!
    Cheers
    Paul

Paul,

Things are good thanks - been trying a few different things around the creeks and open water with some good results, it's a bit warm up here though at the moment.

Sounds like you've been getting amongst them down there as well - good stuff

The queenie above was caught on the evil minnow that you gave me and the lemon chicken hooked a just undersize coral trout, awesome. A BCF opened up here recently so I've stocked up on some shads ready for the next trip. Another one that has been working well up here on the smaller fish has been the 75mm Ginger Beer Shad. The juvenile trevally, queenies and some good size bream have taken quite a liking to it.

I haven't heard of the zoom soft plastics but would be interested in checking them out. I'll send you a PM (when I reach 10 posts)

As you predicted Tinaroo was pretty tough, a lot of the fish were small (as a result of the local stocking strategy) with only two fish landed over the metre. I was lucky enough to land one at 107cm on the first night but, like Faust I ended up with nil on the second night. Between Luke and I we only manged about 7 hits for the two nights and only come up solid on the one fish - we were pretty happy to get one in the boat and had a lot of fun while we were up there.

Have a good Christmas New Years and thanks again
    Matt