Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweed bass pics take 2

caught-ya

Re:  Tweed bass pics take 2

some good fish there mate, my biggest went 54cm from north pine dam.

fishingnottake

Re: #Tweed bass pics take 2

Quote Originally Posted by yellahunter
    which weir were u upstream from, do you mean the one at Uki?

any tips on where to access the water?

Regards,
    you keen for a tweed exploration yella?

Yellahunter,

If you pm me I will give you one or two places to try, please c & r only. Are you using lures and do you have a boat.

simonpp82,

Try using a fizzer in the spots that have too many snags and won't take minnows. This time of year is best!!!!! late in the afternoon.

Ya won't be sorry!!!

Did you get any estuary perch or were they all Australian Bass? I know it's hard to tell the difference.

roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

yeah roz i've been wanting to get back up there for an arvo and try some surface lures but i havent had the time, definately a bit more exciting cos u can see the action. I didnt get any EP's, i wasn't even aware we could get them this far north? Would be stoked to get one.

Oh no, I live just down the road...never realised they'd jumped out of the dam....mind if I ask what gear you were using?

yeah mate was using a stradic 2500 on an ian miller rack raider with 8lb fireline and 8lb vanish leader. The lure was the smallest size squidgy flickbait on a 1/32 oz jighead. I use this exact rig a fair bit in the estuary alot as well and have caught just about everything imaginable on it.. from luderick and mullet to gt's and rat kings!

G'day Simon - my mate and I have logged in excess of 430 bass in the last five months ( ALL CnR) and know of many more still in places we have yet to access without bleeding - barbed wire etc.
    It is an extremely fragile environment so whoever is offering advice etc I hope all is respected in the nature it is given.
    Our most productive hours at the moment are 430am to 7am - our last three trips have averaged 22 fish all on surfacew lures before 7am - so they are accessible but the spots are small. Our sizes have ranged across a full ruler but the average is 40-42cm.
    More than happy to show some spots but be kind to this fragile environment - I'll get off my soapbox now - sorry to annoy you.

Very very well said scroman and we can only hope people do the right thing. Just regarding these un-accessible areas on the tweed: can yah get to em by travelling on the water only .. ?

Regards
    CT

Simon, what a beautiful fish, well done.

What's the lure you caught him (her?) on?

Great photography mate, well done to your camera person.

Oh yeah its a good fish too.

Cheers
    James

Your a champion fisherman mate only wish we could all do the same. You get it near mur'bah or condong or closer to clarrie hall mate, I lived around that area for most of my life and they always seemed a bit scarce. Keep the pics coming.

Some good shots there with the camera and some great country your fishing, sight fishing for those suckers would be great fun
    Well done
    Morty

Just came back from a few days in Kyogle, if I was fishing a heavier rod I would no doubt have similar pics to those, sigh, the one that go away, we had just popped down to the river just out of town to wet a line, pick up a few eel tails on worms for a laugh and to make up for a pretty average days fishing in the murk down at Ballina, bit too much fresh down there unfortunately. my mate went about 40m upstream and got smashed by something so I followed him up, as the sun disappeared and the mozzies took over I started to lose my focus, too busy swatting mozzies, then whack, that tell tale heavy shake of the head and off she went, no chance I was turning that sucker without risking my rod and I soon felt my line wrap around a big snag, felt the fish shake its head a few more times and I was snagged, sure got the heart started tho. My mate has been down there a few times since, but the river is running a bit too much after the rain.

Canoedle,

could have been an Eastern Cod, there are a few big'uns in the River near Kyogle. Were you upstream or downstream of the town weir?
    - Jim
    'Stick to fishing instead of fighting' - JC

HI Jim,
    NOt sure m8, my first trip to Kyogle, all I can tell you is it was on the north side of town #out past the show grounds, so probably upstream, but I am only guessing. Having never fished fresh in NSW before I hadn't even heard of an eastern cod.
    Checked with my mate from Kyogle, we were fishing upstream of the wier.