Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nth Pine Dam

Re: Nth Pine Dam

yeh, it was like that the last time i went there aswell
    though back when I was doing well there and at the cemetery the water was right up to picnic area and you could get them at your feet

Chased some gar today from Forgan Cove since the tailor bait supplies were getting a bit low. Managed 31 of pretty good quality, but I had to work hard for them - took me about 4 hours all up.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Freedom, yeah permits are on hold till the water gets back up to 40%!!!! #

the first decent (non tarlarpia/spangled pearch) we got in the pine was a silver at the cemitery. I haven't fished there for a few months now its just depressing out there atm . its been even longer since i have tried for redclaw.
    But..... at dawn and dusk about 50mtrs from the wall cast a jackel or other sinking lure out towards the airaitor (bubbleline) as far as you can and let it sink b4 retriving. should be able to pickup a couple of bass outa that hole

Just don't forget that its a bag limit of 2 Bass if you wanta eat them and report all tagged fish!!!!!

Ps: 56cm Bass from tagging session a few months ago..

Cheers
    Brandon...

land_based

Went out just near Bullocks rest to chase some gar for shark bait. My worst session ever in this spot, only picked up 6 gar Do they usually get a bit more scarce when winter comes in???
    I did go out the next night to the brissy river and pick up a nice bull shark on one though

I normally find them better in the winter ROb, and their average size is bigger too. I've been out twice recently to stock up the bait supplies. Two weeks ago I managed 31, then a week ago I got 51 of much better quality. They should only get better for the next 3 or 4 months (hopefully)
    Cheers Freeeedom

Fished Forgan cove with my daughter this morning. Spent about an hour and a half, we caught a Tandan (60 cm's) three Tilapia, all over 55cm and a nice 40 cm silver perch. The cattie and silver went back for someone elses pleasure in future times. I was surprised to even get a bite, as things have been pretty slow this past few months, might have been my special burly!! Anyway it was a beautifull morning, and the lake is less three of those pest fish

Gidday Folks

Just a question about gar for bait for the briny.

Had a mate that reckoned Freshwater Gar are no good as a saltwater bait.

Do you do anything to these gar - soak them in tuna oil or something

Cheers
    Budgebass

Budgebass - I use them all the time in the salt water and find that the tailor take them quite readily. I was also using them when I bagged out on snapper off Woody Point on 25th may in about an hour and a half, so they'll do me anytime. The gar in freshwater are all snub nosed gar. If you want saltwater gar (mostly river gar with a few seagar and the odd snub nose) they are usually plentiful through the winter from the end of the Shorncliffe Pier when there is a high tide soon after dawn
    Cheers Freeeedom

THanks Freedom

Sometimes you never know until you ask. Yes I have a couple of mates divided, one reckons they work the other reckon they dont.

Cheers
    Budgebass