Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cairns Jacks sooty's and jp's

Re: Cairns Jacks sooty's and jp's

CQ Freshie,

They are the biggest JP's at Paronelle Park anyone will ever see. They get fed like horses!. A mate of mine Ben who lives down in Sydney (formerly Innisfail), is good friends with the owners and on days that the Park would be closed, he was allowed to catch and release the JP's on his light bass tackle!. One hell of a lucky guy.

Everytime i hear friends or family commenting about Paronella Park, they do not comment on the Park itself, more the JP's!

Theo
    TT

Graham_N_Roberts

Yeah Theo, they are snodgers. I was amazed how I could walk into the pool and pick one up, just as easy as I could pick up a fish in my garden pond.
    I tell ya ... felt like shootin' back to the car to grab a rod.

I take it Theo, from your user name, that you are from Tinaroo, or at least frequent the area often? Not a bad lookin' village ... and the pond aint too bad neither. We called in for a look, on our way back to home CQ, and were really impressed. I can see a room being booked for a week in the future.

Cheers
    Graham

Graham,

Yeah im from the Mighty Tablelands, Wondecla (Herberton) infact. When did you stop to check it out mate?. The place is looking like a million bucks at the moment (always does when its full). Havn't done the amount of fishing there these holidays as i would of liked to... work and everything just keeps popping up . Good to see the weather has cleared up too... 20 Degree days and Zero degree mornings .

Yeah always good to stay and fish the dam for awile, 1 week on the water and you'll be doing well. Just be prepared to have some 'Fishless' days as everyone does when they are new to the place.

I might get back to you if your after some nice places to stay around the lake.

Theo
    TT

Graham_N_Roberts

Stopped in on 15 May for around half an hour (had to keep moving to see more sights).

Nice place.

Cheers

looks like you had a good trip

great pics mate!!!!. top country too. good to get away for a while and enjoy the great outdoors and practise what you preech

Dylan