Thread: Hungry bass

Hungry bass

How's this hungry bass. He was so full of food, yet he still totally engulfed my lure right down the back of his throat. Then proceeded to chunder up a boney bream. Unfortunately in the process of being hooked so deep in the throat he was losing a bit of blood. Let him go, but despite swimming away strongly, I doubt he would've made it. Probably should've kept him, but have never kept a bass yet in some 15+ yrs of fishing for them. Couldn't bring myself to do, so gave him a shot at survival. Hope he made it.

Re: Hungry bass

Awesome. One thing that continues to amaze me is how slow they grow when you consider their aggression and their appetite. Thanks for giving it a chance at survival Tiges, they're too good to catch just the once that's for sure. I'm pretty sure it will be right, they're fighters. I've caught a few with only one eye....a legacy of a previous encounter with a treble no doubt.....but still in excellent condition and full of fight.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Re: Hungry bass

these fish must have good success rates after release as you never seem to see many floating around after comps and other events