Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: winter bass going off

winter bass going off

me and the cowboy went out for a early morning fish at the local dam. the morning was slow with 1 silver and 1 50 cm yella and a small bass. We move spots to find some schooled bass. we were getting them by slowly trolling jackalls around till we found the schools and casted them up.
    I was fish with 2kg mono, so i could achieve some hundred pointers( if you are an ANSA member you would know what i'm talking about.

all in all it was a great day on the water with a loss of count on how many fish we caught,

Elephrez................................

Re: winter bass going off

bloody hell good fish there elephres1. What local dam would that be my friend?

nice fishes

Looking at those pics I would say Moogerah dam

Congrats on the good bass. I have not really done well there and usually fish maroon instead. Are the bass starting to school in the deeper water? Did you try any edges as well?

Cheers
    Aaron

have i lost my decky dont you want to chase tuna anymore CHARLES i am upset now good fish mate and boy o boy the cowboy is one ugly man

mikedel

Nice bag. What`s it like for launching and retrieving at Moogerah? eg. do I need a 4wd?
    Cheers MD

Quote Originally Posted by mike62
    Nice bag. What`s it like for launching and retrieving at Moogerah? eg. do I need a 4wd?
    Cheers MD
    mate if the cowboy put his boat in its fine . Charles and i were up there 2 weeks ago ive got a high trailer for driving on the beach so i need a bit of water we had no worries mate plenty of water near the ramp.if it rains up there you may need a 4b then

Nice catch charles did you catch them all and get cowboy to hold them up for you.

Creek_Vermin

G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year.

Whats with the beanie charles you know there is only one kind

Quote Originally Posted by chicken
    Nice catch charles did you catch them all and get cowboy to hold them up for you.
    THATS A GOOD CALL, I WILL PAY THAT ONE

Quote Originally Posted by mike62
    Cheers MD
    LAUNCHING IS A LITTLE TUFF YOU HAVE DRIVE A FAR BIT INTO THE WATER TO GET YOUR BOAT OFF