Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: winter bass going off

Re: winter bass going off

[quote author=Creek Vermin link=1156238740/0#11 date=1156316470]G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year. [/quot

NICE LOOKING JACK..
    YOU WILL HAVE TALK TO WILL IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE COMP, HAVE FUN.........LOL

ONE DAY YOU WILL HAVE SHOW ME HOW TO CATCH REAL FISH

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_gilmour
    Looking at those pics I would say Moogerah dam

Congrats on the good bass. I have not really done well there and usually fish maroon instead. Are the bass starting to school in the deeper water? Did you try any edges as well?

Cheers
    Aaron
    WE DID TRY THE EGDERS, COWBOY CAUGHT A SILVER AND THAT WAS IT

Healthy looking critters

Cheers

Steven

Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Vermin
    G'day charles and Cowboy. It's a shame they've stopped stocking jacks into your ponds. Those poor little stinky bass would be as rare as a SEQ jungle perch. Have you organised the barra comp instead of that bloody somerset thing me and bro flogged you in last year.
    Hey keith you and the angry one only won comp because me and smailesy decided not to fish to give everyone a chance

Creek_Vermin

Everyone knows that you and smailesy are the bass guns chicken. I think it's great that you love these terrific sportfish

Everyone knows that you and smailesy are the bass guns chicken. I think it's great that you love these terrific sportfish
    you are on drugs Keith

Hey keith I like to give the bass a sporting chance by giving them 30mins to 1hr to grab the lure then it's back to camp to sit in the shade out of the hot sun with the esky by my side.

Creek_Vermin

Don't need to tell me that chicken. I'v seen you and your mate in action under the tarp. Was there a hotter place on earth than when that bloody somerset comp was held last year. You guys might have to take th winnings this year. Me and chris are still waiting for our certificate from last year. That big slack plumbin prick has lived up to his name.

The cowboy will be happy if you don't show up keith he might be a chance.It's going to be just as hot this year. Although there is even less water now so I might be a chance of catching something. NAH!

Don't need to tell me that chicken. I'v seen you and your mate in action under the tarp. Was there a hotter place on earth than when that bloody somerset comp was held last year. You guys might have to take th winnings this year. Me and chris are still waiting for our certificate from last year. That big slack plumbin prick has lived up to his name.
    Get onto smailesy he is el presidentay

yeah I'm still waiting on mine as well.

its only a piece of paper you big girls

Quote Originally Posted by Smailesy
    its only a piece of paper you big girls
    your jelous you didn't get one, oh thats right your a trophy hunter.

BassCowboy

It was a good day out, I did a run up to somerset on the Sunday, 3 yellows and 12 Bass, all around 2kg mark, hit the flats for first couple of fish then located some good bait concerntrations = bass

Elepreze forgot to mention that 2 tagged bass where also caught,

Moogerah bass are fairly mobile at this time of year just it can take a lot of searching to find active fish, predictabe habits are that they tend to like the 5 m water mark, and are usually always near the creek bed. Reaction baits tend to work best and encourage the bigger fish. They arn't schooled just active in concerntrations, dropping a lure onto a single arch can produce a fish. A good sounder and confidence in reading it is a big asset.

Thought a couple more yellows would come off of the edges as they are mating this time of season and love to hit any presentation.

If fishing moogerah be careful of eels as they love lures and as the water warms up they become more active, faster styles of retriving and keeping your lure off of the bottom will prevent eels.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Chris (Cowboy) Galligan