Thread: Wild Tweed  Bassing

Wild Tweed  Bassing

Hi All

A mate of mine had to come down to the Tweed to have his car serviced so I offered to meet him on the river for an early morning bass fish. The weather played along for a change and and I picked him up after he dropped his car off. We dropped the boat in and hit one of my favourite spots. Tony had a good hit on a surface lure but it didnt connect. After a few more casts with a top water I changed to a minnow and was on first cast. A fiesty little Bass was netted and quickly released. I had brought along an ultra lite rod from smith to have a play with so I tied a little minnow on it with 2lb. After having a look at the gear thinking Man this is asking for trouble I chucked it out. About third cast I came up tight and luckily the fish headed out into the deeper water so that I could take my time. I netted it a few minutes later and was pretty happy with my first bass on 2lb. I tried to do it again a short while later and kissed a $20 japanese minnow good bye. I will stick to the heavy stuff from now on. All in all we had a good morning with about 7 fish making it to the boat and a few dropped. The lure that did most of the damage was a Megabass minnow. Most fish inhaled the whole lure with just the bib sticking out.

Good fishing to you all

Rod

Re: Wild Tweed  Bassing

it can get expencive but stick with the light lines you will get more hook ups and is the car ready

Smailesy

Yup dropped him off on the way back to work

BassCowboy

Re: Wild Tweed #Bassing

Flick Flack

Great shots, the tweed is such a diverse fishery. It looks in very good condition, been a while since I have fished there, near the Bray Park wier, Good Times let the water warm up and surface fishing will produce those 7 seven fish

Cheers
    Chris (cowboy) Galligan

Cowboy

We had a few looks on the surface but another month should see them really going well on walkers and poppers. The season has already cost me a few good lures lost to fish in snags. Just not as much fun on the heavy gear

Rod

Hey Rodrick, sounds like a nice morning you had.
    Bianca & I were going to go today put the crapy weather put her off so I decided to continue with the paper work.
    I might slip down to Robina for a fish in the morning on thye way to Brisy.
    catch up soon mate!
    cheers
    Paul
    P.S Good luck tomorrow

Cheers Mate, I had a stopover at the Pub there it looked good maybe we should go up there on a Monday with the ladies and they can drive us home after a few Bass and a few Beers.

Rod

They look like they have been down stream making more bass for the future, great to see.

I really need to pull my finger out and take the canoe up there as I am around that area for work nearly every week and have sussed out some great spots. If this season on the upper Richmond is anything like last I will have to just to catch some quality fish. Last year was very quiet

First week of September I will begin revisiting my Summer haunts
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!

Alistair

If you are headed this way give me a shout and maybe we can tee something up.

Cheers Rod

beautiful fish

Quote Originally Posted by flickflack
    Alistair

If you are headed this way give me a shout and maybe we can tee something up.

Cheers Rod
    I'll do that. I would generally look at a Sunday session further up past the junction. I have sussed out a couple of spots to slide the canoe in and expect that in another month or so the action up there, hopefully on the surface, will heat up.
    Eat well, drink in moderation, exercise often and yet you still die anyway!