Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big W bass electric what a blast

Big W bass electric what a blast

Today went and entered the bass electric with the cowboy at Wivenhoe Dam, what a day!
    I scored a bag of 5.45kg with a big bass of 2.8, the time I have ever caught bass out of this dam. The cowboy had a simaler bag of 5.05. We thought we had a big bag but as the other people came in the bags got bigger. The winner had a bag of 5.7 kg and the big bass was won by 2nd place with a massive 3.15 kg. It was a rank day with the top 15 anglers having 5kg plus bags. I ENDED UP 4TH FOR THE DAY i'm happy to get a bag of 5kg plus and the heaviest I have ever caught, thanks to the skipper for taking me out. here are some pics.

Re: Big W bass electric what a blast

Top effort boys. Are you running 2 tiller steers and a bowmount on the boat? How many batteries ya carrying? Whats top speed in knots? Classic , and once again well done.

Nice fish. What were you catching them on?

cheers

Scott

Charles when are you going to come with me and catch some real fish

Nice Bass mate, wow 5.7Kg in two bass, that's some serious fish, wish I could find some of those in there, 3 trips out in the last month and not a single bass. I'd love to know what you go them on.

Hi Ele-phrez,

What a day!! congeats on you 4th place and good fish. Big W certainly turned it on for us. I ended up with a 5.1kg bag and my brother had a 4.5kg bag.

Its great to see Wivenhoe finally fishing to its potential in a comp. You know the day is good when you are throwing back 50cm+ bass as they are not big enough. At 1 stage in the morning I had the sounder black out from 5foot under the boat to the bottom at 70foot!!!

The 3.15 kg bass caught by John was only 51cm to the fork but fat!! I am sure next year the 6kg bag will be brought in.

Here a pic of my 2 fish for the day.

Cheers

Aaron

Hey charles you know cowboy won't take you out anymore because you keep outfishing him. Nice fish anyway.

great to see the big girls on the chew,prime fish caught on electric only ,way to go lets keep it electric and theyll be around for years to come .cheers alex

bloody lovely bass fellas congrats . cheers bdowdy

BassCowboy

Tiges , Yes mate I have 160lb thrust, do approx 6km an hour, just work amp hours into amps used by motors, it is set up for the 7 km run up from Logans and Back. Pushing a heavy boat

Ian Galloway runs 3 x 82lbers with 8 batteries, he runs at around 7.5 k's to 8 k's

Aaron, I reckon 6kg will be cracked next season too, can't wait for that. We caught our stable fish during that morning bite, when that slowed we hit the flats, we both got our kicker fish then. What a comp with the top 15 anglers 5kg plus, Apparently Mike Weger hit them on the Saturday stinging 60 odd fish,

Now its convention planning,

Once again congratulations to all the 5kg club,

Cheers
    Chris(cowboy)Galligan

Here is a pic of the sounder blacking out. I am sorry about glare but when you see this on your sounder its really hard to take a pic and fish at the same time

I caught smaller fish early like you and then upgraded on the 30ft flats using a slow rolled plastic.

cheers
    Aaron

Great pics aaron