Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My freshwater experience

Foolish_Chicken

My freshwater experience

I went boating (caught nothing otherwise it would be fishing) in the Teemburra Dam yesterday. The water level was @ 20%.

With the info gathered from locals they tell me the barra to water% ratio would be in my favour.....nnnnnnnnnt wrong........

Maybe next time i might need a guide. Although not dissapionted too much, it won't be my last trip to the fresh.

Mike

Foolish_Chicken

Re: My freshwater experience

Dam wall

Foolish_Chicken

I tried casting and trolling h b lures and soft plastics

Foolish_Chicken

another pic

Foolish_Chicken

but wait ........... there's more

Foolish_Chicken

....and 1 more

Never been there...but I am thinking you are unlucky not to get a fish out those snags...especially that last one.

The first time I went there back in 2003 we caught nothing but everytime since that we have done fairly well with a few fish per trip. Best fish went 92cm.

cheers

Scotty

looks fishy as

Good pics looks pretty good keep tryingIt took me a while to get used to freshwater at Glenbawn Dam as well but now I have a ball
    Cheers

Hey Mike, take a look at the lower branch behind the barra and then look at your last pic,,,look familiar .

Iv caught several nice fish off the snag laying in the water against the bank. Havent fished it for a fair while though.

Staggy

Also back to the right of that snag in the small bay there is another sizeable chunk of tree laying from the bank into the water where Iv caught a nice size sooty. And the tree in the second last pic you posted with the bark comming off just to the left of your last pic has produced only one nice barra after a thousand casts to it.

Did you try casting to the weed beds around the small islands you had to have passed to get to that spot. When the water temp comes up give them a go with both sp,s and hardbodies.

Plus there is alot of much better country to fish if you head through the timber towards the old homestead in the Teemburra Creek section of the dam. Go to the MAFSA site and click on WATERWAYS to get a general map view of the dam. You would have taken the your pics around the last small bay on the RHS just before the dam wall. there is plenty of clear water to fish even though the map shows it full of trees back towards T/Creek. It would look alot different now to what the map shows with the water level so low. A few more islands ect, and alot of timber is high and dry.

hope you get on to a few

Staggy

Hey staggy, I have caught a few smaller Barra standing on that chunk of tree in his last photo Looking at the pics makes me wanna pack up and head that way for a fish, maybe when it gets a bit warmer.

Dave.

Foolish_Chicken

maybe I wasn't holding my tongue right

G-day Dave, not sure what the water temp is at the moment. I was planing on wettin a line this wekend but as usual the weather has turned crap just in time to mess up my plans. Oh well next weekend off work will have to do.

Staggy