Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga yesterday!!

Re: Awoonga yesterday!!

Congrats to both of you.

The big girl is awesome Tony. Must have been eating her head off. Great to see Sandi get amongst them. Nothing really like seeing the barra explode especially in structure.

How's the new boat going - was that christening her for Barra.

You'll just have to teach Phil how to do it now.

Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Smailesy
    [quote author=chicken link=1157668854/0#12 date=1157696688]Holy crap that fish is fatter tham me! Congrats to the both of you all nice fish
    2 of them side by side would still be smaller than you you fat chook[/quote]
    Chickens have feelings too

Congratulations Tony and Sandi!!

Nothing like hookin 'em casting,

Awesome indeed

See you late October

Cheers

Sy

A little birdy told me Tony was actually trolling......

whats the s#&t........... I can not wait till I get on to barra that big.

Mooks
    You wish....
    G'day Brett!!
    We have had barra in the new boat before mate, but nothing over a meter!
    Ya gota luv the anticipation of wiggling your lure in the snags, in the dark and just waiting for the smash!!!

See ya then Sy!!

Chicken
    Sounds like you would make a good live bait for one of #the big girls, they eat ducks!!!

Decka
    I'm no expert on these dam barra mate, only just starting to put it all together myself. From what I know, the full moon lead ups are best, but not the only times. Both late arvo and early mornings will increase your chances too!!

Regards, Tony

From most of the photos that I see of Awoonga it seems the better catches are all at night. Is that the case ??

Top effort both of you..... .......
    Kids need models, more than they need critics."
    "In youth we learn; in age we understand."
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Top fish Sandi and Tony, he who laughs first will surely get done, isnt that rite Sandi.

Yeah I caught the first one over the metre and have caught a few now, but the best two in the boat were Paulines and she only has two over a metre. Just nice to catch n release the big girls.

Gunna,
    Less traffic on the water of a night, but as usual the night throws up a few more challenges including boats on the water without lights.

Merv (Rebel One)
    Yeah that includes me, one of those silly sucker lights jumped off the boat into the water. Have upgraded since, but thats life.

Have fished some nights for no results and gone out first thing in morning trolling into the sun with a silver lure and caught two Metre in 5 mins. No rhyme or reason, just thats fishing.
    Regards Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Top effort Tony and Sandi. Beautiful condition on the fish.

I can't wait to get up there with Black_Sheep (Navi), his brother Vin and another mate Gary in about 3 weeks. Unlike the casting marathons at Monduran earlier this year, we plan to give ourselves some respite and troll some of the time.

I'm sure you'll have the last laugh Sandi and top the old man's efforts soon enough

Cheers and seriously, well done to both of you.
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

top stuff toni and sandi !!!!!!!!!!
    looks like you hard yakka has paid off
    that thing is flamin massssssssssssive.
    congrats
    dale

great work. real keen to get up there soon

the_baker

Hey Tony and Sandi

Congratulations to you both on the fish caught. What a whoppa 1 metre plus, can't wait to get up there to have a go myself. To pop my cherry as i'm a barra virgin. See you soon counting the days. It seems that the tinnie is going well.

Cheers Dave

DNO40

Good stuff Tony and Sandi

DNO

Thanks guys
    I'm definately converted (or crossed over) as they say. Even seeing barra snags in my sleep and aiming that lure right where i want it to go.
    I've got a tough battle ahead though I have to try to outfish Tony and Josh.

All in all though its all for the thrill and fun of it and I love the look on the boys faces when they bring those big ones in

Awonga Rocks!!!

Cheers Sandi