Thread: A few new south welshmen had a blast at Awoonga

A few new south welshmen had a blast at Awoonga

Awoonga "06" proved to be a more successful trip than Awoonga "05" for us, we landed on the water 2 boats, 4 eager anglers from the Northern parts of NSW, Monday the 13th Nov. One angler in boat 2 had a hook up and got spat after about 4 casts, things were looking good, 5 minutes later boat 2 had another hook up and got busted off. All boat 1 could manage on the first night was a catfish (lol) the only landed fish for the night. It wasnt until day 2 boat 2 landed 1 barra and boat 1 landed 2 barra all going exactly 106cm. (typical awoongan). Day 3 proved to be the best days fishin for me for a long while. Boat 2 virgin landed his first barra in the morn going 102cm. Leaving me the only one without a fish this trip. Day 3 afternoon we hit the water, I had a hook up but lost her due to poor drag settings (spewin). We then trolled for a while about to head to the ramp and next minute wack I landed a 115cm (awesome fun). We ended up landing 8 fish between boat 1 and 2 in about 3 hours and got busted off 3 more times. all fish realesed to fight another day.
    c u next year awoonga.

Re:  A few new south welshmen had a blast at

Well done Pottsy,

Sounds like an Annual Pilgrimege. Good class of fish too.

In Oct when we fished it, we caught 5 metre fish of which 4 went between 107 and 108 - must be from the same stocking.

Re:  A few new south welshmen had a blast at

It sounds like you had a good guide driving the boat .