Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1.3 Barra at Monduran 2.12.06

ghoward

1.3 Barra at Monduran 2.12.06

very hard fishing saturday night,but at 9.30 landed this barra . it took two of us to lift over the side after netting . caught in 80 feet of water. landed after 20 minute fight. only barra we caught after 16 hours trolling. caught 5 bass and 4 cat fish. [smiley=happy2.gif]

ghoward

Re: 1.3 Barra at Monduran 2.12.06

having trouble with the photo uploading but will keep trying. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

ghoward

Another pic!!!

very nice fish

Welldone howy53, good to see the rewards of 16hrs of fishing , I would fish for a week to hook one of those in Monduran.

PETE MATE

Nice fish!!! Any tips on lure choice and general area?

great fish what would the record be out of there that one has to be up there anybody know what the record is?

well worth the 16 hours of fuel great fish

ghoward

on sat. night there was about 20 boats fishing across from the boat ramp.we moved.500m towards island away from everyone.first troll we were on . manns medium barra 12 gold and black 120mm . actual size 1325mm.

mate great fish well worth the effort.would fish 24hrs to catch a fish like that

awesome catch mate, heading up that way in the new year will be thrilled if i get anything close to that!!

Thats a top fish!

When we were up there a few weeks ago, my wife got absolutely smoked (pulled rod/rod holder into water and resuulted in me going for an unexpected/unwanted swim to get it back) off the point next to the concrete boat ramp on the dam wall side. Then I scored a 90 and 88 in the bay on the other side of the dam.

Seems to be a productive area when the water starte heating up.

But I wonder how long its going to take for the "doubting thomas's" to say something about a missing brag mat .

Great Fish congratulations, the boys from Coffs were up there a week ago and got barra to 117cm.

They are there at Monduran but just a fair bit of work in between fish.

But fish like that make the effort worthwhile.

If you are only going to catch one, im sure most of us would like to be a fish like this one well done.

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Absolutely awesome fish.
    The barra bug has got me. I have just asked the boss for a couple of days off in January.
    I have got to get me one of them barra.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Great fish alright! Would have been nicer to take any doubt away with a brag mat photo but I know there are diffently bigger ones in Monduran so I don't doubt it for a second.

Warrior - World record is 37.85kgs, 124cms long and 105cm girth and was caught in Tinaroo (and legally still stands). I have no doubt that bigger fish have probably been landed and released without trying to claim a world record.

I know of a 35, 36 and 37kg from Monduran. I know "Stillwater" has also caught them up to 35kgs and possibly been smoked by bigger ones. Another guy who regularly fishes Monduran recons he lost one next to the boat that was over 140cms and closer to 150 but that's a nig fish so who knows.

Most of the dams have been stocked for at least 10 yrs now but remember that fish existed in these systems (naturally) long before the dams were erected so potentially have fish reaching their max size, length and life span.

Exciting stuff

Howy53 - still an awesome catch and probably the longest I've personally seen in Monduran. Well done mate and imagine what you night get next time if you troll for 20hrs