Thread: steamers beach

fatman

steamers beach

Hi guys,
    I am looking for aplace called Steamers Beach on the NSW south coast (somewhere near Sussex Inlet) . I have been told it is a hot place for salmon and tailor. Can anyone please help with info on location and best time of year
    thanks
    FATMAN

Andrew

Re: steamers beach

It is on the southern headland of Jervis Bay between Wreck Bay and Jervis Bay, it is a dirt road in. And, yes it is definately supposed to be a top spot for salmon. Both ends of the beach have rocks that allow you to cast to the beach. This spot is very popular and I know a few people that talk about it a fair bit re. the good salmon fishing and other stuff too. I haven't been there myself as it's a long way from me.
    To get there you go down the Princess Highway past Nowra and head to Jervis Bay National Park passing Huskisson, Vincentia, HMAS Creswell and all the way to the end of the track. It costs to get in the park and some parts of the bay are closed to fishing. Good fishing and let us know how you go on the reports page. Andrew

Re: steamers beach

Hi fatman, Andrew told you where it is , so I cannot add to that, but I have fished steamers and I have had a ball down there catching Salmon. I found it best to fish off the rocks on your right that way you miss the surf. Anyhow hope this helped
    Cheers