Thread: Sojourn North

Jack_Lives_Here

Sojourn North

Planning on taking an extra week to travel back from Hinchinbrrok this year and fish our way back down the coast, instead of doing the red eye straight back. The only planned stop at this stage is Awoonga. Where else would be suggested for a couple of mugs to throw a lure and relax.

Jack

Re: Sojourn North

If you are up there in September and you see a big houseboat coming your way don't forget to give way
    Cheers Luke

Jack_Lives_Here

Hey Luke,
    We plan to get in on the 14th and probably out on the 26th Sept. 14th to the 21st are the best tides. Staying at the caravan park at Lucinda. Hey if the dates cross over I'll have room for another bod for a half day on the new hornet, if you're keen ??

There is some magnificent country up there. So much country so little time.

All the best
    Jack

G'day Jack,

On your run back from Hinchinbrook you could stop over at Proserpine/Airlie Beach. I was up there for two weeks last October and found heaps of Fishing options. You can fish the rivers for Barra, Salmon,Grunter, etc. If the wind disappears get out and fish the close in Reefs for small Coral Trout. Then there is always Faust Dam for Barra and Sooty's.
    I know a couple of spots around the Harbour at Airlie where you could catch Tarpon and Barra.

Are you sure you haven't got room on your trip for one more paying passenger ???? I towed my boat to Lucinda a couple of years ago and caught a few fish there as well.

Contact me if you want the nitty gritty fishing info for Prossy.

Cheers
    Craigie.

Hey Jack,
    thanks for the offer mate but guess what. We'll be up at Hbrook between 7-14th leaving the day you get there.
    You can do the second shift hey Anyway if you like we'll get in contact when you are on your way up and will let you know if we've had any success in certain areas. As you say mate never enough time.
    Cheers Luke

Jack_Lives_Here

What a bugger. We are gunna leave on the Friday night and drive right through. Should see us in about 2pm on Saturday.
    Anyrate make sure you fish the drains on the last 2 hours of the run down with gold bombers. Slow is the go. A bit of dirty water coming out of it is always good.
    I reckon a bit of live bating at night around Haycock Island would get you amongst all sorts of critters - nice deep water and plenty of rock. We've taken and lost some good fish there during the day. Seen a few snappin hand bags around in the creeks there too - be aware that they are there.
    If you haven't fished it before, I can scan one of my maps for you and give you some starting points ?? Let me know.
    Our best fish last year (91cm) was the one shep has on display on the fish pics page.

All the best
    Jack

Hey Jack,
    any help for once a yearer's would be appreciated. If you can email me that map or if you are going to the meet and greet I could grab it off you Sunday. Luckily enough Lindsay Dobe put me onto some freshwater barra last time I was in Proserpine on my last day up North. That fella made my trip. Got my first barra and didn't cast once without getting a hit.
    Cheers Luke