Thread: Broome

Col

Broome

Anyone got any advice about fishing in Broome, especially sailfish and cheap accomodation?

Cheers

Re: Broome

Col,

I was in Broome 2 years ago. I was fishing with Scott Mitchell(Alpine Angler, Cooma NSW) and 2 other anglers. We fished from "Boss" with skipper Tony Houston and deckie Steve Melhuish(Mr Moldcraft). We all got a few sails on fly. Broome is crawling with sails,

There are heaps of backpacker places in Broome, check the usual places for contact no.

I also fished with "Patches" from the former Eco Beach site(blown away by cyclone). He got me onto a few threadfin.

The above operations are not cheap but they knew their stuff.

Try the WA and Broome Tourist Boards.

I'm off to Broome later in the year for a long range charter to Rowley Schoals. I can't wait.

Wes

Col

Thanks Wes,

I've had two charters recomended and the 'Boss' was one of them. I've also heard that Roally Shoal is well worth the trip.

I think the Broome tourism site got blown away with the Eco Beach resort as it doesn't come up anymore.

Did you catch the threadfin from Eco Beach?

Cheers

When are you planning to be their and for how long?

Cheap accommodation is available through the back packers hostel. Fishing for sails is often not cheap given the distance needed offshore to get in amongst them.

Col,

I caught the threadie with "Patches" in a creek just north of the "former" Eco beach site.

Wes