Thread: Circle Hooks

Circle Hooks

Can someone recommend to me a brand / model and size of circle hook for deep offshore use?

Re: Circle Hooks

Fisho do you want these circles for trolling and/or bottom fishing? Also what species are you targeting in the main?

It makes a difference.

sounds like you been talking to the pro's. The Mustad Tuna circle hook in size 4/0 is what they use. For deep water Snapper.
    It looks small, but has a high rate of hookups. Don't know if you can buy them off the shelf. ???
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

mate im stuck on the Gamakatsu black 7/0 and 8/0 and mainly use em when things are quiet and have a rod set whilst havin a feed, coffee or using another rod.
    Found em tops with Reds, Cod and whatever seems ta pop by for a visit.
    Might be one of the dearer hooks??, not sure but youll luv em once yourve used em.
    Cheers

I'm a fan of the gamakatsu aswell though haven't tried the circles. They are deadly sharp
    Cheers Luke

adrian

hi gang
    I've been hooked on the black magic range of hooks and the circle hooks work just great for me
    anzac

Thanks for the replies - interested in using them on Barwon Banks / Wide Caloundra for snapper / pearlies in the main.