Thread: Jewies on lures

Jewies on lures

I want to start to fish for jewies on lures,but don't know where to start in relation to lure size and type,tackle requirements etc etc etc.Any thoughts appreciated.Thanx in anticipation.
    Until next time...

Jack_Lives_Here

Re: Jewies on lures

Jezza,

A mates father from northern NSW caught some rippers last full moon and relinquished a few tips, but only after being persistent with the same questions over and over. Late afternoon, BIG lures, retrieved real slow around bommies and preferably through the white water.

I had a Nils Master in my box that was about 8inches long, black back and goldy coloured body, that he reckoned would be the go. He uses bue and white colour scheme also. Just as long as it has some weight to get it out there.

Hi Jezza

Spinna here i fish for the odd jewie but i use bait. A mate of mine uses a lure i think its a raider lure crome over brass we both use ambassadeur 7000 reels loaded with 25 lb line. Hope that helps

Mate, to be honest with you I have never tried to catch them on lures, but i have read plenty of articles and reports about it. Down here in Nth NSW All the reports say 2 things: The lures need to be Big. They tend to usually mention 'Illusion Lures' 8 Inches+ and i also hear a lot of people mention Red/White Feathers Cast and retrieved as slow as possible. One other thing, River mouths after a fair bit of rain. As I said, I have never got one on a lure but I think this is something in the ballpark? Good Luck Mate, you must have more patience than me!!

Thanx for the info guy's,hopefully get out there and try to score a couple!I'll keep you posted.
    Until next time...