Thread: Wollongong

Wollongong

Does anyone fish in wollongong

Re: Wollongong

mate hows it going ive fished the surrounding areas like kiama and gerrigong and it was great they are only 15 to 20 min south of the gong and its bloody heavan craps all over qld lol

usedta, old Woobligong lad from way back.
    Cheers

I'm heading down that way over xmas.
    Howbout someone sharing with us all the "hotspots" round the 'gong.
    At least a few hints would be good!

Hey Dino

Are going to have access to a boat or are you fishing from the shore.

I do have a boat, but unfortunately won't be taking it this time. Will be fishing from the shore. Got any advice for me mate?

whynot and dino, northern breakwall if one is still allowed to fish off there used to fish well for Jewies, Bream n Tailor when running plus the odd Hiartail which may decide to incommenly visit the area.
    Ask about where metal manufacturers are in Port Kembla and drive straight past em and when you get to the end of the road take a left, Drive up to an area prior to the breakwall and just to the right of a watchtower, park on grass and take a short walk and look for a ledge . You shall know when you have found the right one as coupla plaques embedded in the rocks for peoples that have gone in the drink there .
    This can be a top fishing hotspot or used to be early mornings and evenings BUT!!!!!!!!!!! DO STUDY the sea for sometime prior to venturing off that ledge for some fishing ey.
    Otherwise Wollongong breakwall , seaside if seas allow can produce some fish though that spot wasnt ever very friendly with me lol.
    can catch yakkas in Wollongong Harbour mainly nightime. Not sure if nowadays they will allow one to fish off the old oil jetty off the Northen breakwall(mightn't think so as heard vandals lit fires in years gone past) but that jetty used to produce plenty of yakkas and slimies ey.
    Apart from that and seeings as how your not takin a rig with yez just ask about with others fishing locally there sure they wont mind sharing some info.
    Coniston beach used to produce some very good Jewies and bream as well as the short Breakwall found up along same beach .
    Anyway small help but might just get yez started .
    Cheers

Volvo,
    Thanks very much for the lowdown - I'll certainly check out the spots you have mentioned when I get down there. All the best.
    Dino