Thread: 1770 shorebased

1770 shorebased

hi all,
    enyone know what the fishing is like from the shore in 1770 and surrounds,what to catch,bait to use and collect?any help would be appreciated as i am thinking of going there to camp this coming weekend.
    cheers scotty.

Re: 1770 shorebased

its a bit on and off from the shore but you can geta few good ones from the rocks near the pub. Best bet is to head back to Agnes Waters and fish the rocks for bream tailor whiting sweetlip cod mackeral tuna dart or huge gt's. Best bait would be pillies and prawns and a livie out wide for the big ones.

Good luck, Lachie

Keep an eye out for some big bream at the public boatramp near the Capt'n Cook Charter wharf.

Berley up and they should come in from underneath the wharves where the fuel bowser is. They're a good size but timid.

Good Luck
    Sam

NeilD

The area fishes OK from landbased locations. Live herrings or small lures fished around the oyster covered rocks in front of the caravan park at low tide will get you good lizards as well as a few bits and pieces such as GT's, cod, queenies etc. The rocks fish well for pelagics if you can get your fish past the resident cod. I used 65gm raiders but pillies would work well.

Cheers Neil

thanks for the info guys sounds like there can be fish there at the right time[like all fishin]i will definately be giving it my all everywhere theres water.i will let you know how i go.
    cheers scotty