Thread: help needed fishing spots in susse inlet  st

help needed fishing spots in susse inlet  st

hio all in oct im taking the boat and the wife fishing for a couple of weeks to sussex would like any help i can get on where the best spots r at susex and st georges basin,where to get live baits nippers and wat sort of fish i should rig for all help much appreciated [smiley=helpa.gif]

Re: help needed fishing spots in susse inlet  

I used to do a bit of LBG off Jervis Bay. We used to collect yakkas the night before at the wharf at HMAS Creswell inside the bay. I actually got hit by lightning there once, so if it doesn't strike twice in the same place I should be right for life wherever I am now, well my left leg should be! Unfortunately I think you have to be in the RAN to get in there now but from a boat you might be okay to slip in of a night time and grab some.

Depending on what boat you have the Banks is always the go. But just trolling livies out the front of the bombing range is productive. From Point Perp all the way to Big Beecroft has incredibly deep water and the pelagics love it. October is not a bad month. Watch the southerlies though. I never used to bother with nippers down there so can't help with that. Oh actually they can be found in the Shoalhaven river from memory but that is a bit of a hike from the basin or sussex, try the mouth of the inlet at low tide I spose.