Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st missing pots of the season

Re: 1st missing pots of the season

[quote]Heh Gaz
    Don't have worry about tinny owners being pot stealers, we got two of them!! [/unquote]

Hi Dreamdays ,ya got receipts for the 2nd. tinny

Regards
    Gazza

hi guys we went up to maroochydore#stayed for a week .first night we had 5 new pots stolen &3 cut up #all cotton reel floats taken x cept 3 .now the wise fellas at goverment tell us /i you must have tag with name on pot ./2 must have name on float otherwise we will cop fine . why must we have names on pots ?because wise gov. man thinks a/soles that steal pots have our details and will send us letter telling us how good our crabs were thank us for the pots etc. etc.maybe we should put our birthday on pots as well then they can send card ,maybe present.should we declare our pots sacret site then no one will go there. maybe gov. people give us money for new pots. # merv

Been there done that with the whole Crab Pot theft saga !!
    Stephen, If you want to put them out overnight, just sink them as Peterbo has suggested.
    I've had about 10 stollen in the last 18 months when I didn't sink them, but have only lost one or two in the same period when I sank them.

Watch out there are still a couple of pitfalls with sinking Crab Pots. Try to avoid doing it on weekends. There tends to be a lot more people out on the water, more prying eyes and more fishing lines in the water to hook your ropes. Bloody fustrating trying to find sunken pots when accidently moved by passing fisherpeople.
    Secondly, be aware of Trawlers they may work in your particular area. A trawl net is very effective at collecting stray Crab Pots. Obviously this won't be a problem if chasing Muddies up in the back-waters.

Best of luck,

Craigie.