Thread: 1770 Fishing options??????

1770 Fishing options??????

Hello all,

Having just joined Ausfish, a short introduction is in order. I am a Sydney based fisho with a keen interest in most inshore saltwater fishing, particularly with lures.
    I am a regular contributor to fishraider.com, softplastics.com and sportsfish however I am told that Ausfish has a large number of Qld members and this is the reason for my new membership. Good to be part of what looks to be a great site at first glance.

As to my query though, I will be travelling to 1770 with 4.5M runabout on the 1st week in April and would appreciate any info on the local area and fishing options. I understand that Pancake creek and Middle Creek offer countless possibilities but not sure of access and ramps etc. Also, what species will I encounter and what sort iof gear should I pack.
    Also, what are the inshore options in the area, is it relatively safe, etc....anyone local could PM me to talk if that works better.

Much appreciate any info that you can provide to help me make this trip a memorable one!!

Tight lines
    Byron

Re: 1770 Fishing options??????

All your's Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zedjack-
    Gday Byron welcome to the site!
    Pancake and middle creek are very good creeks to fish, Middle being a little closer to 1770. Middle has a heap of very good rock bars as well as some fairly extensive sand flats around the mouth. If you have a look at some good maps, they will show that middle actually joins up with pancake but you can only get through there safely on a fairly high tide. The main target species in these creeks are Mangrove jack, Barra, Estuary cod, queenies, Golden trevally, Gt's, Flathead, Grunter.
    By april there may also be a few tailor about as well. All the creeks hold the usual bream whiting etc as well.
    By 4by you can drive into middle and launch at the mouth or both creeks can be accessed by launching at 1770(weather permiting) There are a number of other creeks that are worth a look at in the area as well- Eurimbula, Roundhill, Baffle, Jenny lind etc. All are within a reasonable distance of 1770.

In a boat your size there are a few good options for trolling around round hill head or over at bustard head. If the weather is good there are a few small reefs and a trawler wreck that are worth a shot for reef species as well. There are opportunities for all types of fishing from light,soft plastic fishing right thru to heavy offshore so pack all your gear, that way you will cover all bases regardless of the weather.

If you need to know anything more specific, just let me know

Regards, Tony

Hi Tony,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.
    That is bloody kind of you mate, a comprehensive list of what to expect!! Can I assume that you are fairly local to this area??

I will be hitting the road north on Wednesday, and will be at 1770 on Thursday night at this stage.

If you are local mate, I would like to buy you a quick beer for your trouble, maybe if you have time you could join us for a session as well. I will PM you my mobile.

All the best and big thanks again

Thanks for the info Jeff...you were right mate, I can't send PM's to anyone yet.
    I read that sorry story with Ashley and accept the decision of the moderators.

I will definitely stop by Tony's store when I am up there. Be great to meet the generous fella who helped me out.

Cheers \Byron

Gorilla_in_Manila

No worries Byron. Have a good one, don't forget the report and pics when you can.
    I'll be onto you for all the gun spots.
    Cheers
    Jeff

Gday Byron
    Mate just call in and say gday, just might take you up on that ale or 2. Main shopping centre in Agnes!

Regards, Tony