Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pommes in OZ - we need some guidance

bidkev

Re: Pommes in OZ - we need some guidance

Quote Originally Posted by dasher
    I think you cruel buggas have em runnin sheite scared. Probably too busy now to reply ??? Planning their trip to NZ I guess.
    Yeah! I tipped 'em off that if you take the sheep to the edge of a cliff, they push back harder ;-)

bidkev

[quote author=The_Pommes_UK Ps. I caught a massive fish! #But the missus did better!! See pic

[/quote]

Is that you with the missus? You'll have to slip slop slap better than that over here mate.

kev......ex-Blackpudlian

bidkev

[quote author=lordy <snip>

Another theory is its from the ruddy skin tones of Englishmen affected by the heat in Australia, red skined like a pomegranate. Take your pick, the rhyming slang is the more accepted source.

As I heard it in HM Forces.

From the French "Pomme de terre"

French marines reckoned the English Marines were so dirty that you could grow spuds in their jocks.

kev......ex RMR

Hey Guys! We’re back!!!!

For those that don’t know, we have been assured that POMMES is correct and means
    Pomegranates - Of the – Motherland – Make – Everyone - Sick

At last we've finally got an itinerary. We'll let you know it nearer our flight date (1st June 04) as it changes almost every day. You know what women are like, can’t make up their minds, but always want the most expensive, luxurious etc………and we just go along with them for a quiet life! 8)

Thanks for the info Craigie and Sean.
    We’re interested in some more info Craigie as we have 3 days in Brisbane area around the end of June. Where is Moreton Bay as we only have a small map??
    We’re also looking for an inland cabin by a lake near Brisbane around this time.

Oh and here’s a couple for dasher: ???

1. What do you call an Australian with a sheep under one arm and a goat under the other?
    Bisexual.

2. What does superman and South Australia have in common?
    They both have an Iron Knob.

3. A man walked into a bar with a lizard on his shoulder. The barman asked what the lizard was called, to which the man replied "Tiny".
    "Why did u call him that?" asked the barman.
    "Because, he's my newt!!"

Until next time…..

Johnny W (from Grange Park)
    (Tel: 1720 ENG LAND)

How do you tell when a Pom is on the level?

He dribbles out of both corners of his mouth at the same time.

Let me know if you are up agnes water/1770 way.

Regards, Tony

DeeGee

Johnny, In reply to your query re Moreton Bay, Brisbane is actually spread along the western shore of the bay, quite literally on our doorstep, at least for those who live in the bayside suburbs anyway.
    As for cabins on inland lakes near Brisbane, we have a couple of those, but I should warn you that our lake fishing is pretty quiet in Winter, when you will be here.

Cheers, Don.

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pommes_UK
    Hey Guys! We’re back!!!!

Bugger!

Johnny W (from Grange Park)
    (Tel: 1720 ENG LAND)
    Hey Johnny W! Is that Grange Park in Blackpool? There can't be *another* hell hole named that!? Used to be a milko there (couldn't get me bloody money off any bugger!;-)

I'm from Bispham and used to manage the Belle Vue and Squirrel pub and was a member of Fylde Boat Angling Club.......and it gets worse!......I'm in Brizzy and my haunt is Moreton Bay........more coincidence......one of my sons is flying out on June 1

kev

G'day Johnny W,

As the guy's have mentioned, Moreton Bay runs along the western side of Brisbane. It's a large expanse of water with many Islands to it's Southern End where it narrows (heading back towards the Gold Coast), while it's Northern End has more open waters and is exposed to oceanic conditions and some very big fish.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Bob Cozien runs a Charter through these waters of Moreton Bay. His Fishing Charter is rather unique as most other Fishing Charters around Brisabne conentrate there efforts out in offshore waters (usually for only very average results).
    Bob's phone number is (07) 38247588, Sorry I don't know all the prefixes for phoneing from overseas.
    You would need to make a booking very soon as he is quite popular. I can phone him on your behalf if you are still interested. It would be very unlikely that he would be available if you waited until your arrival in Brisabne.
    I would need to know, How Many people are going and Exact Date??

As for booking a cabin by the lake. Not a whole lot of that around Brisbane ??
    There is a nice place about 3 hrs drive to the North West of Brisbane called 'Yallakool'. Beside Bjelke-Petersen Dam with Modern Cabins, Pool (Only you guys would go swimming in our Winter) tennis court. There is a very good fishing guide who would show you how to catch our 'Bass' and 'Golden Perch'.
    The area is very rural and you wouldn't be disapointed. I have a phone number for this place if you would like it.

Cheers
    Craigie.

Craigie,

Thanks for your advice.
    Yeh, sounds just what we're looking for and we are definitely looking to book a trip.
    We'll arrive in Brisbane on Tues 1st June, is it possible we could meet him or visit the dock for a chat??
    Maybe we could meet up for a drink? or two, or three???? Any decent pubs in that area?
    Let us know. It's now Friday 8pm so we would need the details pretty soon.
    Catch you later & thanks

Johnny

Hi Johnny, while you're in Australia, why not visit Thursday Island in the Torres Strait. This place is full of sharks in the water and on land!!

Agnes, thats a drummer joke....but it works. They'd be nuts to miss your neck of the woods.
    Hey UK guys, with the advice given here you're bound to be trolling a pillie from the Pin to Thursday Island in no time.

And Dale I've gotta fish your waters one day...

Snapper starting down here, tow em in...