Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

ya i heard about mick spears' acco on the w/e...hope he recovers soon ( i have a few reels in the shop for service! lol) but lucky they got someone to cover for him i nhte mean time.

holy mack, i find the black magic leader too soft for my liking (even the "hard" leader).

ba229, the bigger kings are always out there just a matter of putting in the time?

There's nottin worse than undersized kingies lol, Down here i dont see to many 45cm or under usually if there under sized they are 58 or 59 cm lol
    Try a few diferent day there and see if the sizes change, sometimes a school will move in overnight and be of legal length. And perhaps putting livies out would produce the larger shyer fish. Good old squid does wonders live.
    Beersy cheers for the pic mate will get it on my sight in the next day or so, no wonder theres no bluefin around mate!!!! (joke)
    Saen no worries thanx for the no news might do a trip up soon anyway just to kill the bordom.
    And on the subject of traces and sharks here's some wierd ones for ya !!!!
    I have 2 Aust rec makos land based......both on nylon 150 lb!!! Yet they bight through my wire!!
    Landed 5 thresher sharks land based from june till sept in 99, all on jinkai 150lb !!!! no bite offs!!! and biggest was 150kg +.
    Last year i landed a hammerhead on a 80lb trace fishing for tuna!!!
    And all my whaler sharks were also on mono trace!!
    Guess ya just gotta be lucky!!
    I use a length of 24 kg line for lure casting to blues and its done me well. And also 60 too 80 lb clear trace for live baiting no probs yet and everytime i have caught blues i was only one hooked up for the day.So ill stick to my trace..........i have to i bought a 4000m role of it lol

Set, RE: the shot.....in my defence I must say that I stopped fishing after catching two by 9.00am......30 strikes, 24 hook-ups......tell you about it one day. When I was using mono as a spin leader a few years back I was throwing 16kg on 10kg main. Don't recall loosing too much....cheers, Beersy

Ok pretty much just putting this post up because I noticed it has dropped off the front page and we can't be having that!

Hit the stones again for the weekend only to have all slimies halved by bastard salmon that wouldn't respond to metal. Had a good giggle at a couple of blokes getting all excited about 'livebaiting' 2kg salmon on 50W tiagras, yep that's right, there was at least one shiny gold reel on one of their rods. They even had the camera out they were that excited!

Was also amused at the carnage that unfolded at my feet when I was packing up to go home. My last slimie managed to survive the sambo gauntlet and as I was bringing it in to set it free again a couple of his mates turned up, or so I thought. Turned out to be a couple of tailor and they proceeded to murder the poor hapless slimie. Thought I'd follow suit with the other lucky anglers on the ledge and actually hooked one of the assassins. It was worth a laugh.

Hope you all had a more fruitful one than me.

Cheers
    Stephan

pharq2

report from fishingmonthly.com.au
    Rocks: Snapper to 5..5kg at Fishermans, tailor One Mile, Cemetery, Fingal. Pigs Honeysuckle Boulder and Rocky. Bluefin to 25kg off Tomaree.

get out and give it a go

pharq2,

i knew that but was being hush-hush becuase now theres going to be 20 other people on the rocks aswell

it was just starting to get nice and peacefull at tomaree

suppose i can just let it all out now
    they caught a yellowfin of the rocks at wollongong, and as i said they will come past tomma-probably this weekend

so ....get out there

It was in Lake Illawarra actually

pharq2

gaffman in the lake you can't be serious were did you hear that ???
    i think someone is pulling it mate

LOL
    8)

It might as well be in the lake as there is no way that a fin was caught of wollongong rocks.
    Might off been south from there ?

who knows

Gaffman

all 17kg of y'fin from the rocks mate

all 17kg of y'fin from the rocks mate

look !!!! >
    Ill go catch one then ill tell yas where i caught it ok!!!

go on...... i'll give you 2days ! ! !

i bet you'll catch it from that boat this weekend, then take it back to the rocks
    put a 85raider in his gob and take a photo and pretend you caught it on 5kg line..LMAO again

im so sick of hearing all y'fin and im not gettin any action

LBG and lurecasting yellowfin......geez, I'm gonna have to show you guys some video stuff shot a few seasons ago one day soon..........