Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Saen,

Mate what you will find after hitting a few more ledges around the traps is that Toma is the best bait holding ground on this part of the coast. No other ledge comes close to what this place can produce which is why on an average year you will always get more fish there. Sure you can get good blue runs on other ledges up the coast a bit but for sheer numbers of big fish our local is no.1!

You will find more cobes the further north you go and the further south you go kingies rule. Marlin and 'fin are where you find them although JB is best for the beaks.

It's interesting to hear that your tuna had bream and whiting in it's guts. Indicates to me where they've been hiding all this time. Buggered if I know why they're holding up there but hey they're fish. Oh and it's interesting to see the time that you hooked up. Holds very true to a theory I have on blues at tomaree.

Bung,

It's been a quiet season for you off the stones this year. It's a bugger when you land full time work and can't fish mid week. I miss it heaps like I'm sure you do.

Would be good to see you up there on the weekend. I'm sure the seas will drop off a bit. The stir should get things moving once again. Still time to pull a monster cobe of the ledge too!

Cheers
    Stephan

JJ, i woudnt complain about how hard it is to get a drift with 15 baits out, when your the one posting location pix. Do ya notice anyone else posting pix of there fish with locations attached!!!

People arnt going to give you there secret spots, when your likely to land & fish & post it on the net.....

Ya need to take more descret pix mate & go easy on the locations (backgrounds).....

Besides all that, I went up to the other ledge about 5 weeks in a row and it was dead set ordinary. Haven't been in the last month though.

rodd,

i dont really think toma is a secret spot anymore, whetehr someone posted a pic or not there is still going to be 15 people on that ledge this weekend

but i do know where you are coming from, its a promotion-an invite for others who didnt put the time into lbging
    i probably should have been hush hush until the end of the season

but whats done is done

have you caught a blue yet this year?
    or have you seen anyone catch any blues this year?

Stephan,
    i agree that we have one of the best ledges, i just didnt think that the rest of the coast was so ordinary,
    with all the new laws in place to recover fish, imagine if yeloowfin could make a come back, kings are already making it back in nnumbers since they banned those traps

regards

JJ

We got into the blues & big kings last w/e. Didnt land the kings tho, too bloody big.....

I'm not saying its a secrete spot BTW, its just that honey attracts the bees....Like you said, its best kept between your mates or kept till seasons end....

good luck this w/e....

can anyone recommend a good spot for big kings???

Rodd

Have you tried that little ledge I told you a few years ago?

gaffman

check ya PM's mate!

Rodd,

There are only a few places that will harbour good bluefin numbers and mega kings. Yet to hit the most noted one. Not hitting the stones today. Too much swell about. Might give it a go tomorrow. Water looks good enough though.

How many blues did you boys get?

Cheers
    Stephan

Well I've been relegated to not hitting the stone this weekend. A little too much swell and a girlfriend who's about to drop a child! Did get out last night with a mate for about 50 million choppers and one soapy jew in the harbour. I take it you boys have all found a piece of rock to hit, hope you all did well.

Will be out there next week!

Cheers
    Stephan

P.S. Bung check your f*shnet PM. There's some location details there for you albeit a touch late.

hey Stefan, i seen you one day at catho i think. Today Sammy and me caugt some tailer at avoca but Sammy had a big fish eat one and it took all his line and his float. Some guys say it was a big bonny tuner but i dont now. Wat do u think? How do u get to this tomma place and can u catch tailer there cause i can bring some pillies. Are you goin ther next week? hussein

Hussein

You just learnt a valuable lesson that the big fish like live baits.
    So forget your pillies and get those live baits out there . just remember the bigger the baits the bigger the fish that are going to eat them.

Probabaly was a marlin that took your tailor.Bonnies are good live baits.

gaffman

Hi all,

Im new to this site, but have had a good read of this post and learnt alot from it as well. Is there anywhere in the Sydney region that are decent landbased rockfishing spots for pelagics?
    Im adventurous but not suicidal in what type of cliffs or rocks I will climb down or over...any hints much appreciated.

well i think the LBG season might be over unless we had an absolute shocker of a day
    there was only a little school of slimys swimmin around uninterested in out bait jigs

there were nothing smashing the garfish apart from bonnies and tailor

and the water just seemed fishless- is the fishing up north coming to a stop aswell???

hey saen how can u catch a lbg an wat do the look like? How do i get to Tomma and can u put a tent ther. Sammy got a new real today and is a shimano good? i think your a good fisherman like stefan. Plese help. you like game boy or xbox? you frend hussein