Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

Re: LIVE BAITING OF THE ROCKS

i wish i could just drop everything in my life and go fishing for 3 days with a 6hour drive

Stephan,

it wasnt bonnies it was tailor, so we started using lures and we caught them all, then they left our liveies alone and we could drift out wide

Northsboy,
    i found the live chat, thanx mate!

saen, ya shoulda sent out one of those smaller choppers for a livie, there's atailor proof bait for ya (tho not necessarily noah proof)

yes but not necessarily a tuna bait either, although when i cut my first tuna open i found this inside:
    1) 1 bream
    2) 2 garfish
    3) 1 whiting &
    4) 3 slimys

so never take a bream out of consideration when live baiting? how bizaar is that?

Bung,
    Did you get anything on the weekend? How are those Hoodlums doing?

Set,

go to chat

pharq2

saen maybe they took off once the big blues moved in so they wouldnt get eaten

saen, i met you at your spot a while ago, thurs arvo after your first blue...i'm goshie's cuz.

a big blue will easily scoff a tailor i've had mates hookup on tailor when the slime were getting chopped

also bream are the gun hood and cobe baits i'd prefer a big 1/2kg bream out for a king over a yakka any day.

Nice, i'll be using tailor next time my slimys are getting smashed
    when are you coming to toma again?
    are you fishing up north at the momenet?
    what have you been catching?

Regards

JJ

was thinking saturday but the swell is huug at the mo plus my mate got some big yellas out wide so might head out with him if swell abates. any reports from last few days?

well there is bluefin but not in numbers, you have to put in some time to get em'
    its a case of being at the right place at the right time and there far and in between

there might not be alot of blues but the ones that are here are huge and worth the wait, i suggest that you go through the week because weekends are packed out, and its so hard trying to control where you live bait go when there 15 other balloons bobboing in tha water, not to mention a hookup!

have you been doing any rock fishin?

had a livebait up at fozzie but nuthin there also a bit of beach jew bashing (couple of schoolies on w/e)

unfortunately can't fish mid week got work but maybe next week i got a few days off work.

do you fish charloute head much?
    have you caught anything there?
    what do they get there?

caught a good cobe there afew years ago (first good LBG fish incidentally) but generally don't fish there much these days. gets crowded on weekends.

you get pretty much everything there, tuna cobes noahs they used to get kings there but very sandy these days.

Bung, Saen

I last fished charlotte five years ago
    Saw a black marlin hooked up on spin gear.
    On a no3 crystal eye, had one jump and spat the lure out.
    This was early morning no one had a bait out yet.
    A 26 kg marlin was caught there by my mates cousin.

great ledge but gets crowded on weekends.
    I prefer a not so crowded ledge nearby.

Gaffman

are you going to tell us about that ledge nearby?

saen let me say that your local ledge has been heeps better than the not-so-crowded nearby ledge this year...i guarantee it